Published on May 28th, 2018 | by William Charles27
Bertolli Olive Oil Class Action Settlement – $0.75-$1.75 Per Product
Bertolli Olive Oil Settlement
If you purchased certain Bertolli olive oil products you might be entitled to part of a class action settlement. A lawsuit alleged that products were inappropatively labeled as “Imported from Italy” and/or “Extra Virgin.” Deoleo denies any wrong doing but has will settle the case by putting $7,000,000 into a settlement fund. You’re eligible for a portion of this if you purchased the following products in the following dates:
- Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil, between May 23, 2010 and April 16, 2018
- Bertolli Classico Olive Oil, between May 23, 2010 and December 30, 2015
- Bertolli Extra Light Olive Oil, between May 23, 2010 and December 30, 2015
You can make a claim for up to five products purchased by your household, unless you submit Proof of Purchase, in which case there is no limit.
File A Claim
- Submit a claim form: Must be submitted within 30 days of final approval (not yet set)
- Deadline for requesting exclusion: July 12, 2018
- Deadline for submitting an objection: July 12, 2018
- Go to a hearing: August 9th, 2018
These settlements take some time to actually get your money, but they are worth doing if you’re eligible. It helps keeps companies honest and also puts a few dollars in your pocket as well. Despite this not requiring proof of purchase, please do not submit a claim unless you’re actually eligible otherwise real eligible claimants will just receive a smaller share of the settlement fund and it’s also just straight up fraud.