Published on May 26th, 2016 | by William Charles44
Best Chase Credit Card Offers For Cards That Don’t Follow 5/24 Rule
Update: This article is from 2016 and is no longer valid.
We broke the news that it looks like Chase has applied the 5/24 rule on more of their credit cards. Thankfully Chase still has some cards you can apply and be approved for if you’ve opened more than five new cards in the last 24 months. Those cards are:
- Chase IHG
- Chase Hyatt
- Chase British Airways
- Chase Disney
- Chase Fairmont
- Chase Amazon
- Chase AARP
I have no idea if these cards will have the 5/24 rule applied to them in the future or not (I will try to find out though). Because of this, I assume some people will want to apply for these cards sooner rather than later so let’s look at the best offer for each card.
- Chase IHG: 70,000 points after $2,000 in spend + 5,000 for adding an authorized user
- Chase Hyatt: 2 free nights at any Hyatt property worldwide after $1,000 in spend and 5,000 Hyatt points for adding an authorized user and them making their first purchase.
- Sometimes possible to get the same offer but with a $50 statement credit when making a dummy booking on the Hyatt website.
- Chase British Airways: 50,000 Avios after $2,000 in spend, an extra 25,000 after $15,000 in spend. Annual fee of $95 is not waived.
- Chase Disney: Premier card is $200 after $500 in spend and $49 AF, no annual fee card is $50 after first purchase.
- Chase Fairmont: 2 free nights after $3,000 in spend. Annual fee waived first year. You also get two $25 certifcates that can be used.
- Chase Amazon: $30 Amazon gift card
- Prime members might be able to get an offer of up to $80.
- Chase AARP: $100 after $500 in spend
What the best offer is depends on your situation. If anybody knows of any higher sign up bonuses on these cards, let me know in the comments below.