Published on February 1st, 2015 | by William Charles3
Best Posts This Week: Citi $400 + 60,000 ThankYou Points, IHG 80,000 Points + $50 & Much More
We told you about a new rewards earning debit card called “Clinkle Treats“. The rewards program is a little bit different than what we’re used to, with a random reward being given after every 7 transactions. The fine print mentions that it’s loadable with debit & credit – but it doesn’t look like that has been enabled yet.
There was a lot of Citi news this week: we confirmed that the annual fee on the ThankYou premier card would be reduced to $95, there is a Citi Prestige offer with 60,000 points and a lower annual fee of $350, two new checking offers of $400 & $100 respectively, there were 3x everywhere retention bonuses & a 50,000 ThankYou point offer on the Premier as well.
IHG also had a bit of news, they offered 2,500 points for answering a survey which was asking about new options for IHG credit cards. There is also a credit card offer for 80,000 IHG points and a $50 statement credit.
Chase got in on the action by offering 50,000 United miles on their business card, there is also an easy way to get 6,000 Southwest miles for free for the companion pass. American Express is now letting people choose their own 3x category on their Business Gold card. I also let you know about the little known Huntington bank credit card that also lets you choose a 3% cash back category.
In non credit card news, the $25 gift card for test driving a Kia is back. Union Plus offers a prepaid card with a $20 bonus and a 5.10% APY rate. eBay is currently paying out 5% cash back on gift card purchases and the Serve/Redcard $20 bonuses are not targeted like we originally though.
All Our Posts This Week
- Chase $200 Coupons ($150 Checking + $50 Savings)
- [PA only] SB1 Federal Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus
- Free $25 Amazon Gift Card with Speedpass App and Fill-ups
- SunTrust In Store Checking $150 Bonus
- Clinkle Treats Prepaid Rewards Debit Card – Loadable With Credit + Debit
- Confirmed: ThankYou Premier Will Have It’s Annual Fee Reduced To $95 From $125
- PointsHound.com Review – Earn Airline Miles For Your Hotel Bookings
- Can you REALLY Hide Manufactured Spend from your Credit Report?
- Hilton HHonors 1,000 Point Sign Up Bonus
- Citi Prestige 60,000 Point Offer, $350 Annual Fee
- Citibank $100 Account Package Checking Bonus
- Citi Gold $400 Checking Bonus
- Targeted IHG Survey For 2,500 Points + Interesting Questions Regarding Future IHG Credit Card Options
- How Pick Your Own 3x Category On The American Express Business Gold Card
- $100 Sears Gift Card for $80 on eBay – $22 Moneymaker
- Merrill Edge IRA and Brokerage Account Bonuses: Up To $600 In Cash
- Citi Credit Card News: 3x Everywhere Retention Offer & 50k Sign Up Bonus
- Lock in eBay Gift Cards at 5% Off
- PNC $400 Checking Bonus – In Branch Only [AL, DC, DE, FL, GA IL, IN, KY, MI, MO, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, SC, VA, WI, WV only]
- Redbird/Serve Tax Refund Bonus Is Not Targeted
- How Many Orders Does Staples Receive per Minute?
- Master List Of Gas Station Rewards Programs
- Huntington Voice Credit Card – Pick Your Own 3% Cash Back Category
- Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Business Card: 50,000 Mile Sign Up Bonus
- Free $10 for Signing Up with Topcashback
- $10 Bonus for NEW Bluebird or Serve Members with Tax Refund Deposit [Publicly Available]
- [IL & IN only] North Community Bank Up To $300 Bank Bonus ($100 Checking/$200 Savings)
- Test Drive A New Kia & Receive A $25 Gift Card 2015
- Easy & Free Way To Get 6,000 Points For The Southwest Companion Pass
- Union Plus Prepaid Review (5.10% APY + $20 Bonus)
- Updates on Those Barclay $25 Paperless Credits
- [Possible] New Travel Reward Card Coming to Discover, and Guess How Much Discover Reward Changes Cost Them
- Update on BigCrumbs Breach
- €20 ($22.5) Discount On Any Flight, Hotel Or Car Rental Booking
- How To Get The Chase IHG 80,000 Point + $50 Statement Credit Offer
Best Posts From Around The Web
- MyPoints Credit Card Will Be Overhauled by Chasing The Points. I always like reading more details about the credit cards you can get using the shopping cart trick.
- Preparing for 100 miles per dollar by Frequent Miler. This is especially timely considering they are now offering 1,750 Southwest miles on orders of $29.99+.
- Why Haven’t You Visited Auschwitz? by Rapid Travel Chai. This post touches on a lot more than just Auschwitz and if you can only read one thing this week it should be this. Krakow is a beautiful place with a lot to see and do, I’ve been there twice and visited Auschwitz once. It’s probably my favorite city in Europe. Much like Chai, I am going to try and be more socially conscious and active during my travel trips this year. I think a lot of people commenting on this post missed the point entirely, Chai was not trying to guilt trip people or seem superior in anyway – it was more a call to action to be more socially responsible when travelling.
- Travelpony Discounts Exposed – How Their Advertised Savings Don’t Materialize in a Real World Comparison by Miles to Memories. Title is a bit click baitey in my opinion, but I like this sort of analysis none the less. I’ve found similar results when looking at other websites that earn airline miles instead of hotel points (e.g RocketMiles, Kaligo & PointsHound)
- Mlife website glitch reveals everything that can be reserved for you at their casinos in Las Vegas by Andys Travel Blog. Always nice to get a peak at the back end to see what front desk staff can really do.
- Thoughts on Visiting the UAE as a Gay Man by Out and Out. Prompted a good discussion in the comments and always nice to get a different perspective on travelling, sometimes I forget how easy I have it compared to others.
- Check-In & Choose Your Room with Hilton HHonors App by Michael W Travels. I’m sure something like seat guru will pop up because of this.
- Note This Minor Yet Important Change At Most U.S. Hotels in 2014 by Travel Blawg. This has to do with Kari’s Law and making sure dialing 911 always works. Not sure why this wasn’t done when these systems were designed.
- Check your Zidisha accounts for auto lending… by Saverocity Finance. I’ve thought about using Zidisha before, I definitely am not considering it anymore.
- Police Barred From Using Civil Asset Forfeiture Program Without Warrants or Criminal Charges by The Gate. I hate everything about civil forfeiture. I’m glad that they will now require a warrant or criminal charges to seize assets.
Deals Dying Next Week
There are no offers expiring next week.