- Receive a sign up bonus of $250 after you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first three months of card membership on the Blue Cash Preferred card (You might see an offer for only $150, but it’s possible to get the $250 offer by using incognito mode. It won’t work for everybody though)
- You’ll also earn 10% back on up to $2,000 on Amazon.com purchases on the card within the first six months of card membership
- $95 annual fee
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (up to $6,000 in spend annually, then 1%)
- 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores
- 1% back on all other purchases
- You can only get the sign up bonus on American Express cards once
- Valid until January 11th, 2017
American Express seem to be rotating what they offer as the bonus category for the extra $200, recently they have had:
I wouldn’t bother with this offer unless you can get the higher $250 incognito mode offer personally as you can only get the sign up bonus on each American Express card once. 10% at Amazon will be attractive to a lot of people, but keep in mind a lot of cards often offer 5% back at Amazon, so this isn’t a huge improvement on that. If you do decide to go for this offer, don’t forget to use our Amazon link for your $2,000 in purchases (hahahahahahahahaha, kill me now). But seriously make sure you’re at least using a shopping portal to get the best value from Amazon. There is also a similar bonus for up to $450 on the Blue Cash Everyday Card.
As always, before applying make sure you read through these things everybody should know about American Express cards.
Hat tip to American Express media team & US Credit Card Guide