Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: CA, IL, NJ, NY, TX, VA
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ for three months
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown, not sensitive
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Six months, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: December 31, 2023
- Hanmi is offering a $250 checking bonus for new accountholders. Broken down as follows:
- Maintain $5,000 3-month average balance and enroll in uChoose Rewards® within 30 days of account opening and earn 15,000 points (worth $150)
- Use Bill Pay in each of the first 3 full months and earn 5,000 points (worth $50)
- Make a direct deposit of minimum $500 each month (For 3 consecutive months) and earn 5,000 points (worth $50)
- Hanmi is offering a $100 checking bonus for existing account holders:
- Receive 10,000 points (worth $100) when you set up a new direct deposit (min $500) and maintain for 3 consecutive months and Enroll in eStatement and uChoose Rewards® by 12/31/2023
The Fine Print
- Bonus Points Offer: This offer expires on December 31, 2023, and is subject to change and may be discontinued at any time without notice.
- Offer is valid for new checking customers who open the account with new money.
- New checking customer is defined as a customer or consumer who does not have an existing checking relationship with Hanmi within the past 60 days.
- Only one (1) eligible account per customer (SSN/TIN).
- New money is defined as funds that are not held at Hanmi Bank; funds withdrawn from another Hanmi account do not count as new money.
- Eligibility evaluation period is three (3) full months after account is open.
If the account is opened mid-month, the evaluation period will be begin at the beginning of the next full month.
- Bonus uChoose Rewards® points will be awarded within sixty (60) days after end of evaluation period.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Simple checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
In the past account has need to be kept open for six months otherwise bonus is forfeit, unsure if that’s the case this time. The $5,000 required in the account doesn’t really earn interest so you’d lose out on ~$60 compared to a high yield savings account. Still definitely worth doing so we will add this to our best bank bonuses.
Previously this was $300 and didn’t require a direct deposit. Nice part of this bonus is that it doesn’t require opening in branch.
Hat tip to reader Bockrr
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times