Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: PA
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $250+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: 6/30/2023
- Service 1st Federal Credit Union is offering a $300 checking bonus when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- $150 bonus when you accept the following upon opening:
- accept a VISA® Check Card
- Online Banking
- Electronic Statements
- $150 bonus when you receive a direct deposit of at least $250 within 30 days of account opening
- $150 bonus when you accept the following upon opening:
The Fine Print
- $300 Cash Bonus Rules and Eligibility. Offer valid through 6/30/2023.
- Account opening and overdraft protection is subject to qualifications.
- Members with existing checking account(s) do not qualify.
- Offer does not apply to business accounts or multiple checking accounts.
- Member must accept a VISA® Check Card, Online Banking, and Electronic Statements upon account opening to receive $150.
- The $150 will be credited to a member’s account within 10 business days of opening a qualified checking account.
- Members can receive an additional $150 if they enroll in Direct Deposit.
- The first direct deposit must be credited to checking account within 30 days of checking account opening to receive an additional $150 cash bonus.
- Minimum direct deposit amount to receive this offer is a regular $250.00 deposit. Direct deposit is an automatic electronic deposit made to your account by someone else, such as an employer issuing payroll or a government agency paying benefits.
- It may not include deposits to your account that are made by an individual using online banking or an internet payment provider.
- The Checking Account must remain open for six months or the cash bonus ($150/$300) will be debited (subtracted) from the account balance at closing.
- The cash bonus is a credit that will post to the account within 30 days of the initial direct deposit. Some restrictions may apply.
- This offer may not be combined with any other promotion, except for the Service 1st Checking Bundle promotion.
- This offer can be modified or withdrawn at any time without notice. Cash incentive must be reported as taxable income.
- Please see a tax specialist for details.
- Savings account with a $5 minimum balance and one-time $1.00 membership fee is required.
- Membership eligibility required.
- **Members who have an inactive Service 1st Visa® Check Card for three (3) months or more will be assessed a dormant check card fee of $1.50 for each month the card remains inactive.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so unsure if there is an early account termination fee or not.
Need to know if this is a hard or soft pull, share your experiences in the comments below.
Hat tip to Woody
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times
–funded checking account and $5 to savings w/ WF Active Cash 5/23/23, recorded as purchase
–one-time $300 ACH push from Chase savings 5/26
–$300 SUB posted 6/2
Any DPs for out of state? I am willing and able to be adopted!
if you don’t live in any of these counties——-but if you say worship in one of these counties—-do you think you would be eligible ?
County specific – not statewide:
“am i able to join
You are if you or an immediate family member (child, spouse, sibling, parent, grandparent or grandchild) meet any one of the following criteria.
You have an immediate family member* that is already a member of Service 1st.
You work for one of our Select Employee Groups.
You have an immediate family member* who works for one of our Select Employee Groups.
You or an immediate family member* live, work, worship, attend school in, or operate a businesses or other legal entity located in qualified census tracts in the following geographic areas.
Select your county below:
Carbon County, PA;
Columbia County, PA;
Luzerne County, PA;
Lycoming County, PA;
Montour County, PA;
Northumberland County, PA;
Sullivan County, PA;
Union County, PA; or
Wyoming County, PA”
PHILADELPHIA PA SEEMS not working
if you don’t live in any of these counties—-but if you say worship in one of these counties—-do you think you would be eligible ?
Unknown, but I have family in one of the eligible areas, but a CSR told me I was ineligible because I have no family members who belong to the CU already, which seems to contradict this: “You or an immediate family member* live, work, worship, attend school in, or operate a businesses or other legal entity located in qualified census tracts in the following geographic areas.”
What kind of family member? They list this at the bottom “* Immediate family includes spouses, parents, siblings, children, grandparents and grandchildren.” If you legit have one of those family members in the eligible area then just go through the application and go for it.
Just called a CSR and asked about the credit pull – claims it is not a hard pull.