Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Must live, work or worship in one of the following counties: Alameda, Monterey, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, San Mateo all in CA or Brunswick, New Hanover & Pender county in NC
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ within 90 days
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes, not sensitive
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $2,500 with a Visa or Mastercard
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Excite Credit Union is offering a $300 checking bonus when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Requires eStatements
- Perform a minimum of six debit card transactions
- Direct deposit of $500 or more within the first 90 days.
The Fine Print
- (1) To qualify for the $300 bonus program, the following criteria must be met: a) Applies to new Members (18+) or to existing Members provided that there was no open checking account in the past 180 days. (b) Requires eStatements, perform a minimum of six debit card transactions, and direct deposit of $500 or more within the first 90 days.
- (c) The $300 bonus is automatically deposited to the Member’s primary savings account on first day of the month after meeting criteria
- . (2) Requires a minimum deposit of $25.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Go checking has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
No early termination fee listed in the fee schedule.
Much better than the previous $100 bonus, but it does require a direct deposit now so we don’t know what will work as a direct deposit yet. We will add this to our list of the best checking bonuses.
Hat tip to reader payyoutuesday
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times
Just a heads up, they seemed weird about the six debit card transactions when I applied. She made a big deal about getting the card delivered before the end of the month because the six transactions had to be executed before the calendar month ends to receive the bonus. I felt like a was getting a lot of questions about too many applications, so I didn’t argue about it. Regardless, I’m going to do six transactions a month just in case even if the terms sound like six transactions in three months.
Excite CU now has a referral program for $50 Visa gift cards to both referrer and referee if you either complete six (6) debit card transactions (excluding ATM transactions) in each of two (2) calendar months, OR complete $600 in deposits in each of two (2) calendar months https://excitecu.org/referafriend
Anybody got a 1099-INT from them yet?
I messaged support through secure message and received this message:
Your 1099-INT if required, is made available electronically in your online banking under Additional Services > eDocuments > eTax. I checked and since you did not earn more than $10 in earned interest for the year, no 1099-INT form is required.
Did they mention a 1099-MISC at all or the same deal?
1/27- Tried opening a checking account online, application under review
1/31 – Agent asks to un-freeze Experian report, via email
1/2 – Told that this would be a hard pull, withdrawn application
Here are my data points:
7/26 – Account opened with $2,500 CC funding (Citi Double Cash)
8/10 – $500 direct deposit from employer
8/15 – 6 debit card purchases completed
9/1 – Received $300 bonus
I called Excite Credit Union (1-800-232-8669) this morning to request to close my account. Rep instructed me to fill out the DocuSign form (https://excitecu.org/learn/about-us/forms) for Change of Information and I marked the application with “close an account”. Submitted the DocuSign form, now I need to wait for the form to be received and processed. Pretty easy process.
Bonus posted on 9/1, Real DD on 8/15. NO Debit transactions done as the card is yet to arrive.
bonus posted today, 3pm pacific.
Bonus posted 09/01. Opened account 07/25. Astra DD, description payroll direct deposit. Venmo 1.01-1.05 to friends.
Amazon reload $1.50 x 5
Bonus posted 9/1
Opened last week with immediate approval and $2500 on United Explorer coded as purchase. The Visa MCC is 6012- Financial Institutions: Merchandise and Services