Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Must live, work or worship in one of the following counties: Alameda, Monterey, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, San Mateo all in CA or Brunswick, New Hanover & Pender county in NC
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ within 90 days
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes, not sensitive
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $2,500 with a Visa or Mastercard
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Excite Credit Union is offering a $300 checking bonus when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Requires eStatements
- Perform a minimum of six debit card transactions
- Direct deposit of $500 or more within the first 90 days.
The Fine Print
- (1) To qualify for the $300 bonus program, the following criteria must be met: a) Applies to new Members (18+) or to existing Members provided that there was no open checking account in the past 180 days. (b) Requires eStatements, perform a minimum of six debit card transactions, and direct deposit of $500 or more within the first 90 days.
- (c) The $300 bonus is automatically deposited to the Member’s primary savings account on first day of the month after meeting criteria
- . (2) Requires a minimum deposit of $25.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Go checking has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
No early termination fee listed in the fee schedule.
Hat tip to reader payyoutuesday
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times