Published on January 12th, 2020 | by William Charles12
[CA only] California Credit Union $100 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: You must live or work in San Diego, Riverside or Orange County, CA
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ per month for at least three months
- Additional requirements: Digital banking
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $500
- Monthly fees: None with eStatements
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: None listed
- California Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new eChecking account and complete the following requirements:
- Must enroll in digital banking
- Must establish a recurring direct deposit with a minimum of $500 per month (three required before bonus posts)
The Fine Print
- Restrictions apply.
- $100 offer applies to NEW eChecking accounts for NEW members only, who enroll in Digital Banking and establish a recurring Direct Deposit with a minimum of $500 per month.
- Recurring Direct Deposit must be a Direct Deposit or Payroll Deposit.
- Limit one (1) bonus per member.
- Direct Deposit must be established within 120 days of membership opening to qualify for bonus.
- Three (3) months of recurring Direct Deposits must be credited to the account before qualifying for the bonus.
- The bonus will be added to the checking account within 8-12 weeks from the qualifying date and will be reported as income.
- Refer to the current rate sheet for regular dividends to be paid on eligible balances.
- The bonus is not included in the calculations of regular dividends and is not recurring.
- The bonus will be forfeited by the member if the account does not remain open for a minimum of 6 months.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There is no monthly fee as long as you opt in for eStatements
Early Account Termination Fee
I couldn’t find any mention of an early account termination fee in the fee schedule.
Relatively small bonus but it’s a soft pull and you can fund with a credit card so I think it’s worth doing if you’ve already done the bigger bonuses available to you. I’ll add this to our list of the best checking account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader SpicyPadThai
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times