Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100 for both parties
- Availability: CA only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: eStatements
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull (report of hard pull)
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $15, 90 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- USE Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100 to both the refer and referree when somebody is referred and opens a new free checking account and completes the following requirements:
- Sign up with eStatements
- Within 90 days of account opening receive at least $500 in monthly direct deposits
The Fine Print
- Referred members must be new members and meet membership eligibility and account opening criteria and, within 90 days of account opening, set up at least $500 in monthly direct deposits.
- The deposit account bonus ($100 each for you and a friend) will be credited to the respective USECU accounts no later than 30 days after the first direct deposit is received.
- Must be 18 years of age to participate.
- Bonus payments subject to tax.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
$15 fee if closed within 90 days of account opening according to the fee schedule.
Feel free to share your referral in the comments below, worth doing if you live in an eligible location.
Hat tip to reader German
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times