Published on December 17th, 2018 | by William Charles178
[Expired] Capital One $200 Money Market Account Bonus
Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here
Update 12/17/18: Deal is back and valid until March 31st, 2019. Current data points have shown issues with cumulative deposits, so I assume those will unfortunately no longer work. Hat tip to reader Anbe77
Reposting as this no longer contains the targeted language ‘You must have received an email or mail piece directly from Capital One with a promotional code’. This wasn’t enforced previously, but it’s nice to see it has been removed completely. Hat tip to moneysaver688
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Nationwide, but does contain targeted language (not enforced in the past)
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft, as long as you opt out of overdraft protection
- ChexSystems: Mixed
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date:
December 14, 2018March 31st, 2019
- Capital One is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a 360 Money Market account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code OFFER200
- Deposit $10,000 or more by March 31st, 2019
The Fine Print
- Open your 360 Money Market account starting July 10, 2018 and deposit at least $10,000 between July 11, 2018, and 11:59 p.m. ET on December 14, 2018.
- Deposits must be from another bank (transfers between Capital One accounts will not qualify).
- If you have or have had a savings product with Capital One after January 1, 2016, you won’t be eligible for the bonus.
- Bonus offer is not valid for multiple accounts.
- If you qualify for a bonus, Capital One will deposit the bonus money into your account within 60 days after completing the above conditions.
- Once it’s deposited, the funds will be available immediately. Account must be in good standing (not in default, closed, or suspended, or otherwise not in good standing).
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There are no monthly fees
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee
Cumulative deposits in the past has worked (e.g depositing and withdrawing $1,000 10 times), not sure if it will work this time as the terms are slightly different (update, they do work). They have offered a previous bonus only requiring a deposit of $1,000 so it might make sense just to wait for a better offer to come along. Given that cumulative deposits work this shouldn’t be a huge issue though. I’ve added this to the best savings account bonuses now that the targeted language has been removed.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times