Published on February 24th, 2017 | by Chuck79
Chase INK Preferred 100,000 In-Branch Offer Starting March 12 [Update Inside]
Important update: These offers will be available to business managed customers, these customers are managed by business relationship managers and as such most readers will NOT be eligible for these offers.
- Beginning March 12, the signup bonus on the Chase INK Preferred card will be 100,000 points after spending $5,000 within three months.
This change is for branch applications only. The online offer will remain the same.
As part of the new offer the annual fee will no longer be waived the first year, as has been the case previously with branch applications. Essentially, you’re paying $95 for an extra 20k UR points which is obviously an excellent deal.
[Image removed at the request of Chase]
- $95 annual fee NOT waived the first year
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 3x points per $1 spent on the first $150,000 in combined purchases on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable and phone services, advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines each account anniversary year
- 1x points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Points are worth an additional 25% more when you redeem them for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards (making points worth 1.25¢ per point)
- Ability to transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards to Chase’s travel partners at 1:1 rate
- No foreign transaction fees
We’ve reported that the INK Preferred will be increasing, but we didn’t have a firm date, and the media team also indicated that the offer will be targeted. We now know that it’ll happen on March 12 and that it will be a branch-only offer.
Note the picture above indicates that the 100k offer will be a targeted offer only available to Business Managed customers. I’m pretty sure (but not positive) this just means that you’ll need a dedicated business banker to get the offer for you; not all Chase bankers deal with business products.
Applying in-branch might sound like a drag, but the truth is that for many of use our only hope is to go to a branch and see if we got pre-approved for the card since the INK Preferred card is effected by 5/24. Check out these 23 things to know about Chase credit card before applying.
Also noted in the photo above is that the INK Cash will increase. We wrote about that in a dedicated post. Hopefully, if you go into a branch you’ll be pre-approved for at least one of these cards.
Huge thanks goes to D. who let us know about this. Please send us tips and info to Will@doctorofcredit.com or Chuck@doctorofcredit.com or both. Thanks.