Published on January 4th, 2017 | by William Charles76
Chase Premier Checking $300 Bonus
Update: Not available online anymore. Better to wait for a $300 total checking/$200 savings bonus.
Reposting because this deal is available online again. Keep in mind you’re limited to one bonus per calendar year and you’re not eligible if you’ve had an account in the last 90 days or currently have an account. This means a lot of people will be eligible for this bonus again.
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Nationwide (can be opened online). Option to open online will only show on desktop, not on mobile. Also not available in states with no Chase branches, e.g Maryland.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum. Click here to view what triggers this bonus
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: No
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $500, most will code as cash advance
- Monthly fees: $25
- Early account termination fee: Bonus taken back if closed within six months
- Expiration date:
April 16th, 2017July 17, 2017
- Receive a bonus of $300 when you use a Chase checking coupon to open a new Chase Premier Plus checking account and set up a direct deposit within 60 days of account opening.
The Fine Print
- Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers, those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- To receive the bonus: 1) Open a new Chase Premier Plus Checking account, which is subject to approval; 2) Deposit $25 or more at account opening; AND 3) Have your direct deposit made to this account within 60 days of account opening. Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government.
- After you have completed all the above requirements, we’ll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days.
- You can receive only one new checking account related bonus each calendar year and only one bonus per account.
- Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
$25 Monthly Fee
This account has a $25 monthly fee, it’s waived if you do either of the following:
- Keep an average daily balance of $15,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances
- Have automatic payments to your qualifying linked Chase mortgage from your Chase account. Payments set up through Online Bill Pay do not qualify. Mortgages must be in good standing and be first mortgages with servicing retained by Chase
- Also fee free for active duty and veterans
Early Account Termination Fee
You need to keep this account open for six months, otherwise you will forfeit the bonus.
Most people will be better off waiting for the $300 total checking bonus to come back (it’s been public several times this year (2016) and you can also purchase them from eBay). That bonus is easier to manage because the requirements to keep the account fee free aren’t so high.
The advantage of this bonus is that it can be opened online. Unfortunately I can’t find any Chase savings bonuses that are available online as well. A little tip is that once you receive the bonus you can downgrade it to a total checking account and that’s even easier to keep fee free. I’d personally either purchase one of the $300/$200 deals from eBay if you live near a branch or go for this deal if you’re not near a branch. Remember if you go into a Chase branch to check for pre-approved offers as they bypass the Chase 5/24 rule. We will add this to our list of the best checking bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, zjts who let us know. Please consider sharing bank bonuses with this site so we can make it even better.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank