Published on October 4th, 2017 | by William Charles218
[FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MI, NC, OH, TN, WV] Fifth Third $300 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposits Not Required
Bonus has been increased to $300 and can be opened online again! Hat tip to reader Yaobang. Looks like $300 offer is only showing for some people, try incognito mode or google search for ‘Fifth Third’ or ‘Fifth Third $300’ and see if there is an ad for the offer or look at the comments for more ideas.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Only in the following states: FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MI, MO, NC, OH, TN, WV (may be only for those within a 50-mile radius of a branch).
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: Maintain $500 balance for 60 days
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees:
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: S
eptember 30th, 2017December 31st, 2017. Note these offers are known to expire earlier than the expiration date so do not leave it to the last minute.
- Fifth Third is offering a $300 bonus when you open a new Fifth Third Essential checking account when you complete the following requirements:
- Make deposits totaling $500 or more within 45 days of account opening
- Maintain an average balance of $500 for 60 days
The Fine Print
- Offer not available to existing checking or Express Banking customers or to those with a Fifth Third Checking or Express Banking account that has been closed within the last 12 months.
- Bank reserves the right to limit each customer to one new account-related gift incentive per calendar year.
- Essential Checking account must be opened between 9/28/2017 and 12/31/2017.
- To obtain the $200 bonus, direct deposit(s) totaling $500 or more must be received within 45 days of account opening AND maintain a $500 average balance fro 60 days.
- Bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 10 business days of completing requirements.
- Basic Checking, Express Banking and Business Checking accounts are excluded from this offer.
- Bonus may be taxable as interest income and reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
Essentials Checking $11 Monthly Fee
Essential Checking account is required for this bonus and has an $11 monthly fee. The fee can be waived by maintaining an average monthly balance of $1,500 or more across your savings and checking accounts.
Early Account Termination Fee
This account does not have an early account termination fee
Honestly one of the best bank account bonuses available. Slightly different to other previous offers as no bill pay is required and you need to direct deposit $500 and maintain $500 for 60 days. I’d say this new offer is better (now significantly better at a $300 bonus). Either way it’s definitely worth completing if you live in the target area. Just be wary because sometimes it’s saying that $1,000 deposits and $1,000 must be maintained for 60 days (and also sometimes showing the $200 bonus instead of $300). You should also be able to open via phone rather than having to go in branch.
Big thanks to reader, Vijay & Klad who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications