Published on January 8th, 2018 | by William Charles282
[FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MI, NC, OH, TN, WV] Fifth Third $200 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposits Not Required
Update 01/07/18: Bonus is back but is now only $200 instead of $300. Might be worth waiting for a bigger bonus to come along.
Bonus has been increased to $300 and can be opened online again! Hat tip to reader Yaobang. Looks like $300 offer is only showing for some people, try incognito mode or google search for ‘Fifth Third’ or ‘Fifth Third $300’ and see if there is an ad for the offer or look at the comments for more ideas.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Only in the following states: FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MI, NC, OH, TN, WV (may be only for those within a 50-mile radius of a branch).
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: Maintain $500 balance for 60 days
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees:
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: S
eptember 30th, 2017 December 31st, 2017. March 31st, 2018 Note these offers are known to expire earlier than the expiration date so do not leave it to the last minute.
- Fifth Third is offering a $200 bonus when you open a new Fifth Third Essential checking account when you complete the following requirements:
- Make deposits totaling $500 or more within 45 days of account opening
- Maintain an average balance of $500 for 60 days
The Fine Print
- Offer not available to existing checking or Express Banking customers or to those with a Fifth Third Checking or Express Banking account that has been closed within the last 12 months.
- Bank reserves the right to limit each customer to one new account-related gift incentive per calendar year.
- Essential Checking account must be opened between 9/28/2017 and 12/31/2017.
- Bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 10 business days of completing requirements.
- Basic Checking, Express Banking and Business Checking accounts are excluded from this offer.
- Bonus may be taxable as interest income and reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
Essentials Checking $11 Monthly Fee
Essential Checking account is required for this bonus and has an $11 monthly fee. The fee can be waived by maintaining an average monthly balance of $1,500 or more across your savings and checking accounts.
Early Account Termination Fee
This account does not have an early account termination fee
Personally given that there was recently a $300 bonus with the same requirements, it’s worth waiting to see if they will come back with a similar offer in my opinion. Because of that I won’t be adding it to our best bank account bonuses available.
Big thanks to reader, Vijay & Klad who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications