Published on May 20th, 2019 | by William Charles407
[FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MI, NC, OH, TN, WV] Fifth Third $250 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposits Not Required
Update 5/20/19: Deal has been extended until June 30th, 2019. Hat tip to YAR
Update 1/6/19: Bonus is $250, I’d still recommend waiting for a bonus of $300 instead. There was also a recent $200 + $200 deal as well.
Update 07/01/18: Bonus has been extended until September 30th, 2018 but reduced to $200. I’d recommend waiting for the bigger $300 bonus to come back.
Update 04/02/18: Bonus is now $250 instead of $200. Can be opened online (e-mail yourself a coupon and then follow the prompts)
Update 01/07/18: Bonus is back but is now only $200 instead of $300. Might be worth waiting for a bigger bonus to come along.
Bonus has been increased to $300 and can be opened online again! Hat tip to reader Yaobang. Looks like $300 offer is only showing for some people, try incognito mode or google search for ‘Fifth Third’ or ‘Fifth Third $300’ and see if there is an ad for the offer or look at the comments for more ideas.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Only in the following states: FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MI, NC, OH, TN, WV (may be only for those within a 50-mile radius of a branch).
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: Maintain $500 balance for 60 days
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees:
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: S
eptember 30th, 2017 December 31st, 2017. March 31st, 2018 June 30th, 2018 September 30th, 2018 December 31st, 2018 March 31st, 2019 April 30th, 2019June 30th, 2019Note these offers are known to expire earlier than the expiration date so do not leave it to the last minute.
- Fifth Third is offering a $250 bonus when you open a new Fifth Third Essential checking account when you complete the following requirements:
- Make deposits totaling $500 or more within 45 days of account opening
- Maintain an average balance of $500 for 60 days
The Fine Print
- Offer not available to existing checking or Express Banking customers or to those with a Fifth Third Checking or Express Banking account that has been closed within the last 12 months.
- Bank reserves the right to limit each customer to one new account-related gift incentive per calendar year.
- Essential Checking account must be opened between 3/29/2018 and 6/30/2018.
- Bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 10 business days of completing requirements.
- Basic Checking, Express Banking and Business Checking accounts are excluded from this offer.
- Bonus may be taxable as interest income and reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
Essentials Checking $11 Monthly Fee
Essential Checking account is required for this bonus and has an $11 monthly fee. The fee can be waived by maintaining an average monthly balance of $1,500 or more across your savings and checking accounts.
Early Account Termination Fee
This account does not have an early account termination fee
Personally given that there was recently a $300 bonus with the same requirements, it’s worth waiting to see if they will come back with a similar offer in my opinion. Because of that I won’t be adding it to our best bank account bonuses available. $250 is more competitive than the $200 they recently offered, but I’d probably still hold off for the $300 offer to return.
Big thanks to reader, Andrew D, Corridor & DDG who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications