Update 4/10/21: Some people have been unable to apply in branch (annual fee waived first year), this issue will be fixed on 4/23. If this affected you and you applied online Chase is willing to apply the annual fee waiver. Probably won’t work unless you actually tried to apply in branch as it logs the branch application when it was tried. Hat tip to EosHuffer
Update 4/6/21: This offer is now available via referral links as well.
- Here’s the public link for the 80,000 + $50 offer.
- Increased Sapphire Preferred/Reserve offers are live in-branch as well. The Sapphire Preferred comes with the $95 annual fee waived for in-branch applications. It’s worth making an appointment before going in. (There are conflicting reports in the comments on whether people are seeing the $50 grocery credit with branch applications, but you should be eligible for the $50 credit, regardless.)
- I don’t think these new offers are available via referral links. No word if that will change in the future.
(No direct link, this offer begins on March 21, 2021 for online and in-branch applications)
- Signup for the Chase Sapphire Preferred and get 80,000 points after $4,000 in spend within the first three months. Plus, get earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year from account opening.
- $95 annual fee (not waived first year)
- No foreign transaction fees
- Primary car rental insurance
- This card earns at the following rates:
- 2x points per $1 spent on travel and dining at restaurants
- 1x points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Transferable points
- Redeem points on Chase’s travel portal at a value of 1.25¢ due to the 25% travel redemption bonus
- Not eligible if you’ve received a sign up bonus on the Sapphire Preferred/Reserve in the last 48 months (standard is now 48 months)
- Chase 5/24 rule applies to this card
The standard bonus has been 60,000 for a while, and they recently began throwing in the extra $50 credit. I believe the highest public offer we’ve seen was the 80,000 points offer that ended just a few months ago, and beginning March 21 we’ll have the best-ever public offer of 80k + $50.
We’ll have to wait and see if the 80k + $50 becomes available via referral as well.
There’s also an increased Sapphire Reserve offer coming on March 21st as well. See these 26 Things Everybody Should Know About Chase Credit Cards before applying for a Chase card.