Update 10/15/21: Deal works again with this link.
Update 9/27/21: Looks like no longer available.
Update 9/6/21: Looks like you can also get an additional 2,500 miles when using a flight attendants code. Hat tip to Igor.
Update 2/7/21: Deal is available again, updated direct link. Hat tip to tonykony
- Chase United Explorer is offering a bonus of 60,000 miles after $3,000 in spend within three months. You can get an additional 10,000 miles if you spend a total of $6,000 within the first six months. The annual fee of $95 is also waived for the first year.
- Annual fee of $95 is waived first year
- Chase 5/24 rule applies to this card
- 25% off in flight purchases when using your card (including WiFi and food/beverages)
- $100 Global Entry/TSA PreCheck credit
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2 miles per $1 spend with United Airlines, restaurant and hotel purchases
- 1 mile per $1 spend on all other purchases
- Last seat availability
- Miles don’t expire
- Free checked bag when you pay with card (for 2 people)
- Priority boarding
- 2 Club passes per year
- No FX fees
This is the best offer we’ve seen on this card. The previous best was 65,000 miles but that required a total of $10,000 in spend. Most people aren’t traveling a lot at the moment, but could be good to start stashing miles for the future (assuming United and other airlines don’t devalue these programs too much). Most people won’t be eligible due to the 5/24 rule, but useful for those who are. We’ll be adding this to our list of the best credit card bonuses.
- Update 1/11/21: Deal is set to end on 1/13/21.
I’m only seeing an offer for 60k through the links above even though this is listed under “Best Current Credit Card Sign Up Bonuses & Offers For May, 2023”. Has anyone found a 70k link? I’m looking to help my friend get started with their first award miles card.
Try logging into his United account and going to his profile page. I have an offer for a different United card there but, if I click on that offer, it takes me to an offer page where I can get 65k miles with annual fee waived 1st year.
While on the United mobile app, it had an ad for 65K miles.
Looks like it’s now only 60,000 miles.
For the 5000 bonus miles using FA code: according to a reddit comment and travelsort thread some people have used YXBMPV in the recent months, and it apparently worked.
Link looks like its been dead for awhile but its still on the best cc page
Why does the United business cards not listed?
USA Credit Card guide has a link at 70K
I just went with the 90K offer for AMEX Gold card (no restaurant credit) and got approved. FICO score 803. 5/24 at the time of applying. I had JUST applied to United Explorer card (and was approved with the 60k miles offer). United card application was just 5 minutes before AMEX application when I was 4/24. I was approved for Wells Fargo Autograph card just a month ago!
I have some big expenses coming up ( unfortunate ones) – I am just trying to feel better by getting these SUBs. I think it is worth waiting for 70k offer for United explorer otherwise!
Can this be product changed to Freedom Flex card? Any DPs?
I doubt it, they’re different families of cards. Probably can’t downgrade this to anything without an annual fee.
How long after meeting the spending requirement and statement closure does the bonus post? A day or two? Chase language says up to 8 weeks but that seems unlikely.
I saw it on the closing statement right away, but I met the spending very early on in that month.