Published on July 1st, 2016 | by William Charles13
Chase Zappos Cardholders Will Be Automatically Converted To Chase Freedom Unlimited On July 26th
In late May Chase stopped accepting applications on the Chase Zappos card, we weren’t sure what would happening to existing cardholders but now we do. Existing cardholders should have received a letter from Chase stating the following:
- Zappos.com’s relationship with Chase ends on July 26th, 2016
- They will send you a new Chase Freedom Unlimited card by the end of September
- Continue to use your Zappos card until the Freedom Unlimited arrives, then use that card.
- After September 26th, 2016 the Zappos card will become inactive.
- All account details (e.g APR, credit limit and account age) will stay the same. Expiry date will change
- Rewards program will remain unchanged until July 26th, 2016. Unredeemed rewards balance as well as any new points earned will automatically transfer to the Freedom Unlimited.
- On July 27th, you’ll start earning rewards in line with the Freedom Unlimited (1.5x points on all purchases)
This is a nice upgrade in my opinon as the Zappos card only earned 3x points at Zappos and 1x everywhere else. The Freedom Unlimited earns 1.5x everywhere, with no annual fee and these points can be transferred to travel partners if you have a premium Chase card (e.g Chase Sapphire Preferred or Chase Ink Plus). Because the Freedom Unlimited is a Chase branded card, you should also be able to convert it to a regular Chase Freedom (no annual fee and rotating 5x categories). It’s also nice to see that unredeemed rewards will also be convert to the more valuable Chase Ultimate Rewards currency.
I wonder if another card issuer will be issuing a Zappos credit card.