Update 5/5/21: Deal is now 70,000 points for Citi checking customers and 75,000 points for Citi Gold members. Available in branch.
Update 2/10/21: Still available.
Update 6/27/20: There is also an offer of 70,000 points available in branch for Citi Gold members. I imagine it’s possible for Citi Gold members to match this offer online as well. Hat tip to reader Mary
Update 3/18/20: People have been successfully matched to this offer even when they have applied online. Particularly useful at the moment
Update 3/4/20: Has been extended again until 3/6/20 so seems to be confirmed to be constantly extended. Hat tip to TNSepta
Update 2/23/20: Reader cy1111 reports that it’s now available through 2/27/20. Seems like they just keep extended it for the following week.
Update 2/19/20: Now showing an end date of 2/20/20. Hat tip chowfuntime
Update 2/9/20: Deal is showing an end date of 2/13, not sure if this normally just gets auto extended or not.
No direct link to offer, available in branch only
- Signup for the Citi Premier card and get 65,000 ThankYou points as a bonus after you spend $4,000 within the first three months.
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 3x on travel
- 2x on dining and entertainment
- 1x on all other purchases
- Annual fee of $95 not waived first year
- Bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you have had a ThankYou Preferred, ThankYou Premier or Citi Prestige card opened or closed in the past 24 months
Current online sign up bonus is 60,000 points with the same minimum spend requirement, so this is basically an additional 5,000 points if you apply in branch. We have seen an offer of 60,000 points with the annual fee waived in the past.
Keep in mind, the bonus is not available if you’ve opened or closed a Citi Rewards+, Preferred, Premier, or Prestige card within the past 24 months. As always make sure you read these things everybody should know about Citi credit cards before applying. We’ll add this to our list of the best credit card sign up bonuses.
Hat tip to eeejkm