Published on January 18th, 2018 | by William Charles40
Citi Sears Mastercard – $150 Sign Up Bonus & Great Ongoing Spend Bonuses + 5%/3% Categories
This isn’t a new offer, but I somehow missed it increasing back to $150 so here’s a friendly reminder.
- Get a sign up bonus of $150 when you spend $1,500 or more within 30 days from account opening
- Card earns at the following rates until December 31st, 2017:
- 5% back in points on eligible purchases made at gas stations*
- 3% back in points on eligible purchases at grocery stores and restaurants*
- 2% back in points on eligible purchases made at Sears & Kmart
- 1% back on all other purchases
- No annual fee
*These categories have a combined limit of $10,000 in spend, after that they will earn 1% back in points
$2,000 spend in 30 days is quite a lot and I’m surprise that is the requirement for this store card. $150 isn’t the best cash sign up bonus but it isn’t terrible either. The main reason to get this card is they often send out targeted promotions offering 10%/5% back on popular categories with decent caps. For example here are some recent targeted spending bonuses:
- [Targeted] Citi Sears 10x TYP Or 10% Cashback Offer
- [Targeted] Citi Sears Offering Bonus 10x/10% Back On Gas, Grocery & Restaurants
- [Targeted] Citi Sears Offering 10x/10% Back On Gas, Grocery & Restaurants
- More Citi Sears Madness – 10x/10% Back On Online Purchases
That’s why it’s listed as one of the best store credit cards.
The bonus categories aren’t actually that interesting as there are other cards that earn at higher rates:
- Best gas credit cards
- Best grocery store credit cards
- Best restaurant credit cards
- Best credit cards for everywhere else
Some people have had success at getting other versions of this card converted to a Citi ThankYou point earning card (no bonus categories but it means it earns ThankYou points during promotions). It’s also possible to do this with this card via secured message. You can read our full review of this card here. Before asking any basic questions or applying make sure you read through these things everybody should know about Citi cards.
Hat tip to reader @VM4827