Published on March 29th, 2017 | by William Charles10
[Expired] [IN only] Crane Credit Union $150 Checking Bonus
This deal has expired and is no longer available. View more bank bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: If you live or work in the following counties you are eligible to join Crane Credit Union: Bartholomew, Brown, Clay, Daviess, Dubois, Gibson, Greene, Hendricks, Jackson, Johnson, Knox, Lawrence, Marion (Center, Decatur, Franklin, Lawrence, Perry, Pike, Washington, and Wayne townships), Martin, Monroe, Morgan, Owen, Orange, Parke, Pike, Posey, Putnam, Sullivan, Vanderburgh, Vermillion, Vigo, and Warrick. All in Indiana
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified but must complete three deposits
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: None
- Crane Credit Union is offering a bonus of $150 when you complete the following requirements within 90 days of opening a new account:
- Sign up for eStatements.
- Establish a recurring electronic deposit of paycheck, pension, or government benefit with a minimum of three deposits
- Open a Crane CU debit card with a minimum of 30 transactions [Read: How To Meet Minimum Debit & Credit Transaction Requirements]
The Fine Print
- In order to receive the $150 bonus, member must sign up for e-Statements, establish a recurring electronic deposit of paycheck, pension, or government benefit with a minimum of three deposits in the first 90 days after opening the account, and complete a minimum of 30 debit card transactions in the first 90 days after opening the account.
- Membership to the Credit Union requires a $5 deposit to a share savings account, but no minimum balance is required to open the share checking account.
- Individual must be eligible to join the Credit Union.
- Members will receive a $150 deposit into their share checking account after the account has been opened for 90 days and they have satisfied all requirements to receive the bonus.
- Account must remain in good standing during the 90 day period.
- Crane Credit Union will be required to report bonus amount to the IRS. Member will be responsible for tax consequences of earning the bonus.
This account has no monthly fees to worry about, you do need to deposit $5 into a share savings account to be eligible to sign up. According to the fee schedule there is no early account termination fee either.
Quite a lot of requirements for a $150 bonus, but at least the account is fee free. Definitely not the best deal in the world but probably still worth going after if you live in the area. As always please share your data points in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications