Published on August 30th, 2016 | by William Charles18
[Expired][CT only] American Eagle Financial Credit Union $200 Checking Bonus
This bonus has now expired, you can view new bonuses here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Must live, work, worship or attend school in Hartford, Middlesex, Tolland, New Haven Counties all in Connecticut.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $250+
- Additional requirements: eStatements & 15 debit card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft, according to CSR.
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Up to $500 for both savings & checking, American Express, Mastercard & Visa all accepted (No Discover)
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $15, 180 days
- Expiration date: September 10th, 2016
- Open an American Eagle Financial Credit Union checking account online or in branch and receive a $200 bonus when you complete the following requirements:
- Use your Visa debit card (pin or signature) 15 times within the first 60 days
- Sign up for eStatements within the first 60 days
- Receive direct deposits totaling $250 or more within the first 60 days
The Fine Print
- Promotion valid for new personal Checking accounts opened between August 1, 2016, and September 10, 2016.
- The member must not have an existing open Checking account with American Eagle Financial Credit Union (AEFCU) or have had a Checking account with AEFCU in the last 365 days.
- Savings account required for AEFCU membership.
- The account holder must enroll for direct deposits totaling two hundred and fifty ($250.00) dollars into new Checking account, enroll in e-Statements, and complete fifteen (15) debit card transactions (signature or pin-based) on the new Checking account within sixty (60) days of Checking account opening to be eligible for $200.00 payment.
- Limit of one $200.00 payment per member.
- Please allow up to 120 days from account opening to receive the bonus deposit into your share Savings account.
- Amount of deposit will be reported to the IRS and member is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Accounts closed within 180 days of opening will be charged a fee of $15.00.
- This offer can be withdrawn any time without notice.
There is an early account termination fee of $15 if the account is closed within 180 days of account opening. The easiest account to keep fee free is their My Checking account.
This account does not have a monthly fee, but it does have a dormant fee and inactivity fee.
Dormant fee charged annually for a Checking account that has not had activity in one (1) year or more and has a balance less than $100.00. Inactivity fee charged monthly for Savings and Checking only, with combined balances of less than $100.00, no activity for 6 consecutive months, account holder is age 22 or older, and not a borrower on a loan. The account will be closed when it reaches $0.00 balance.
Basically just park $100 into the account to avoid both of these fees.
Previously they offered a $100 bonus, with no direct deposit requirement. Personally I prefer this offer, but I can easily change my payroll. How good this offer is will really depend on if you can do that or if they are strict on what counts as a direct deposit. I’m going to add this to our list of the best bank account bonuses, please feel free to share your experiences with this bonus (especially if they allow credit card funding or not!)
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank