Published on July 2nd, 2018 | by William Charles269
[Expired] [AL, FL, NJ, NY, and PA Only] Valley National Bank $200 Checking Bonus
Deal has now expired and is no longer available. View the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Update 07/04/05: It’s actually only available in AL, FL, NJ, NY, and PA as you need to open a Premier checking account and that’s not available in DC, MD, VA, WV. In addition we incorrectly stated that this is the same bank as Incredible Bank, that’s River Valley Bank. Thanks to reader Ian for pointing this out.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability:AL, FL, NJ, NY, and PA
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $15, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Valley national Bank is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new VNB Premier checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Receive a qualifying direct deposit
The Fine Print
- Cash reward will be credited within 90 days after initial direct deposit and may be IRS reportable.
- All cash reward amounts are subject to change at the Bank’s discretion
- A qualifying direct deposit is defined as a recurring payroll direct deposit or electronic deposit of pension or government benefit such as Social Security. Transfers from one account to another or deposits made at a branch or ATM do not qualify as direct deposits
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There is a $15 monthly fee, this is waived if you have a minimum daily ledger balance of at least $99. There is no early account termination fee.
Previously they have offered two bonuses:
- $20 per month for 12 months ($240 maximum bonus)
- $150 with no direct deposit requirement (must be aged 17-25)
I think this bonus is better than the first one listed as you don’t have to worry about hitting the requirements every month for 12 months. Most readers won’t be eligible for the second bonus and this current bonus is an extra $50 but does require a direct deposit. Overall I think this new bonus is probably the best they have offered, let’s see how strict they are on the direct deposit requirement though. I’ll be adding this to our list of the best checking bonuses. .
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times