Published on August 23rd, 2016 | by William Charles45
Everything You’ve Ever Wanted To Know About The Chase Sapphire Reserve Priority Pass Lounge Benefit
One of the benefits of the Chase Sapphire Reserve is that it comes with Priority Pass lounge access. In this post we’ll show you what this benefit actually gives you.
- 1 What Lounges Do You Get Access To?
- 2 Do The Lounges Have Free Food/Drinks/WiFi/Showers/Etc?
- 3 Who Gets Access To The Lounge?
- 4 How Do I Activate This Benefit
- 5 How Long Will It Take For My Priority Pass Membership Card To Arrive?
- 6 Do I Need The Physical Card To Gain Access?
- 7 Our Verdict
What Lounges Do You Get Access To?
This card gives you Priority Pass Select (PPS) Membership, this means you get access to all of the lounges in the priority pass network except United lounges. In total there are over 900 lounges accessible. To view the lounges you have access to with your Priority Pass Select membership, go to: https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Select. You can click ‘find a lounge’ and enter the city, airport code or name to see a list of lounges available to you.
Do The Lounges Have Free Food/Drinks/WiFi/Showers/Etc?
This depends on the specific lounge. When you search and find a specific lounge, it’ll show you the amenities it has under facilities:
If there are multiple lounges accessible to you and also convenient from your gate I’d recommend doing a quick google search (e.g <lounge name> review) to see what the best option is for you.
Who Gets Access To The Lounge?
Update: There was some confusion on guest access. This has been confirmed by the Chase media team, as follows:
Complimentary Priority Pass Select membership is available to cardmembers including authorized users. Once you are a member, Priority Pass Select membership allows access to participating airport lounges for cardmembers and their travel companions. Chase does not limit the number of guests but individual lounges reserve the right to limit the number of guests per cardmember. For full Terms and Conditions, please refer to the Lounge Listing or www.prioritypass.com/select
Both the primary cardholders and authorized users get a priority pass select membership. In addition to this they can bring their travel companions along with them. Here is what the guide to benefits states:
Complimentary Airport Lounge Access
Rest and revive before your flight at one of 900+ VIP lounges in over 400 cities worldwide after an easy, one time enrollment in Priority Pass Select, available to cardmembers including authorized users. Once a member, you and your travel companions can enjoy complimentary lounge access along with amenities, like Wi-Fi, free snacks, beverages, phone, fax, conference rooms and more.
As mentioned, authorized users also get a membership and guest access. Remember adding an authorized user is $75. This is the same policy as the Citi Prestige, but adding authorized users on that card is only $50.
How Do I Activate This Benefit
Log into your account and click activate.
How Long Will It Take For My Priority Pass Membership Card To Arrive?
We’re currently unsure, please let us know when yours arrives. In the mean time you might be able to get your number by:
- Call Priority Pass or Chase and request the number of your priority pass membership. At most lounges you should be able to given this number to the lounge attendant to gain access by explaining the physical card is yet to arrive. You should also be able to request your PIN, which means you can create your account online (this allows you to get a print out with your name, number and your join date – some lounge attendants might be more likely to accept this).
- Call Chase before you enter the lounge and tell them you want to access a lounge but have not received your card yet. They might tell you to simply charge the lounge to your Reserve card and that you’ll receive a reimbursement.
Both of the above worked with Citi, but I’m unsure if they will work with Chase as well or not
Do I Need The Physical Card To Gain Access?
Priority Pass lounges usually require the physical priority pass card to access their lounges. A lot of lounges will now accept your smart phone as entry instead, more on this here.
I was worried that this wasn’t going to come with guest access, but it does so that is fantastic. It’s still not as good as the lounge accesses provided by the Citi Prestige & American Express Platinum, but the other benefits this card offers are significantly better than those cards. We actually compared all three of those cards in more detail for those interested. You can view our full review of the Reserve card here.
Any other questions or comments, please feel free to share in the comments.