Published on July 1st, 2019 | by William Charles30
[FL, NC and SC] Capital Bank $300 Business Checking + $150 Savings Bonus + $50 Referral Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300 for checking, $150 for savings
- Availability: FL, NC and SC
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull:Soft
- ChexSystems:Yes, mixed dp on being sensitive
- Credit card funding:Up to $50
- Monthly fees: $25, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Bonus forfeit, six months
- Household limit: One per company
- Expiration date: 10/31/19
- Capital Bank is offering a $300 bonus when you open a new bizessentials standad checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Open with a minimum deposit of $5,000
- Complete 5 qualifying payment transactions within 30 days of account opening (checks, debit card purchases, ATM withdrawals, automatic bill payments, and online bill payments initiated through the bank’s Business Banking Online services)
- They are also offering a $150 Visa gift card when opening a BizEssentials Savings account and completing the following requirements:
- Maintain account in good standing for six months
- Open with at least $2,500. Opening deposit cannot be transfered from existing First Tennessee accounts
The Fine Print
- Open your BizEssentials® Checking account at the Basic level or higher by 10/31/2019 with a minimum opening deposit of $5,000 AND complete 5 qualifying payment transactions within the first 30 days of account opening to receive the $300 bonus.
- Qualifying payment transactions include checks, debit card purchases, ATM withdrawals, automatic bill payments, and online bill payments initiated through the bank’s Business Banking Online services, in any combination.
- Offer is non-transferable.
- Limit one business checking bonus per company.
- Opening deposit must be funds from a financial institution other than First Tennessee Bank National Association (“Bank”), which operates as First Tennessee Bank and Capital Bank, or its affiliates. Transfers from any type of account at Bank or its affiliates do not qualify.
- Offer and account opening subject to bank approval.
- Customer agrees to maintain account in good standing for minimum of 6 months.
- The $300 bonus will be credited to your account within 6 weeks of meeting all requirements and will be reported as income on Form 1099-INT.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
According to the fine print only the bizessentials standard checking account is valid for this offer. This account has a $25 monthly fee that is waived with a $10,000 daily balance or $25,000 in combined balances. The BizEssentials saving account does not have any monthly fees to worry about. The basic checking also qualifies and the monthly fee is waived with a $5,000 minimum deposit.
Early Account Termination Fee
The fine print states that the account must be kept open and in good standing for 6 months. We can assume that they will take the bonus back if you don’t fulfill this requirement.
Capital Bank is basically just a different name that First Tennessee operates in different areas. This deal is worth doing if you live near a branch. I’ll be adding this to our list of the best checking bonuses. Should also be able to stack this with the $50 referral bonus.
Hat tip to Drew W
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times