Published on July 4th, 2018 | by William Charles45
[Expired] [IL, MI, MO & WI] CIBC US $200 Checking Bonus – In Branch Only
Deal has expired, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: In branch only, branches are in IL, MI, MO & WI [Branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: Direct deposit or ACH automated debit transaction
- Additional requirements: eStatements
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $9, avoidable
- Early account termination fee:
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2018
No direct link, offer is available in branch
- CIBC is offering a $200 checking bonus when you open a new iCan or MyChoice account in branch when you meet the following requirements:
- Receive at least one direct deposit or ACH automated debit transaction
- Elect to receive electronic statements
The Fine Print
- Bonus will post within 100 days of account opening if requirements are met
- The account must remain open on the payment date to receive the bonus
- Only one bonus per person is allowed
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
iCan Checking $9 Monthly Fee
These accounts are kind of confusing because they have different levels but if you go for the iCan checking account the monthly fee is waived if you have a balance of $1,000+. Having a direct deposit post to the account will also make it fee free.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is a $25 early account termination fee if the account is closed within 90 days.
We’ve previously posted another CIBC US deal for $300 that could be opened online but was only available to certain employer groupers. Some people were to sign up anyway and then their accounts were closed but CIBC did send them $150 check for the inconvenience. That’s always a good sign in terms of customer service in my opinion. This one should be open to anybody who can get to a branch, even if you live out of state. Definitely worth doing if you’re in the area as it seems like any ACH will trigger the direct deposit requirement. I’ve added it to the best bank bonus page.
Big thanks to reader, Jason who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times