Deal has now ended, view more checking bonuses by clicking here
Update: it’s actually nationwide, but they are ChexSystems sensitive, so keep that in mind.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: Branches are in FL, NC, TX, UT, VA
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: 10 debit card transactions ($10 minimum)
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown, sensitive
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,500
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: December 31st
- Chartway Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account with the promo code Holiday19 and complete the following requirements:
- Make 10 Visa debit card purchases of $10 or more within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- This credit union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
- This offer ends on 12/31/19.
- To qualify for $150 bonus, must become a new member, open a Cash Back Checking or LifePlus Checking account, and make ten (10) Visa® debit purchases of $10 or more within 60 days of account opening.
- Bonus will be awarded within 60 days of account opening and deposited into Chartway checking account.
- Account must be in good standing to receive cash incentive.
- APY varies based on total balance.
- Any applicable state and/or federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the member.’
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Cash back checking account has no monthly fee to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find an up to date fee schedule, so I’m not sure if an EATF is charged. In the past it was required to keep the account open for 180 days or you would forfeit the bonus but that is not included in the fine print of this offer. Shouldn’t be a big issue since you can keep the account open for free anyway.
Always nice to see a bonus with no direct deposit requirement, downside is that each debit card transaction needs to be $10+ but still a bonus worth doing. Because of that we will add it to our list of the best checking account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Arora
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times