Update 8/17/21: There is also a $100 referral on offer as well (if the person uses a referral they still get the $300 bonus). Do not share your referrals in the comments, share them in this linked post instead.
Update 8/14/21: Deal is back, this time the direct deposit must be $500+ (previously no minimum) and requires 10 debit card transactions. Hat tip to Renzomang
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Must live, work, worship, volunteer, attend school, or own a business in a qualifying county (Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Lake, Alachua, Brevard, Duval, Flagler, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Indian River, Marion, Martin, Okeechobee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, St. Johns, St. Lucie, Sumter, or Volusia County). All are in FL
- Direct deposit required: Yes $500+
- Additional requirements: Use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: No
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $3,000 with a Visa or Mastercard
- Monthly fees: $7.50 avoidable
- Early account termination fee: 180 days, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
September 29th, 2019None listed
- Addition Financial is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new choice checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code OC300
- Set up a direct deposit of $500+ within 60 days of account opening
- Use debit card 10+ times must be in person (not online)
The Fine Print
- Offer available through September 29, 2019.
- Offer subject to end or change at any time without notice.
- Incentive deposit will be made within 15 business days after qualifying activities are met.
- This offer cannot be combined with other Addition Financial savings or checking account offers, and is only available to members who qualify for Choice Checking.
- Addition Financial membership requirements apply.
- If the checking account is closed within 180 days, the account holder will forfeit incentive amount.
- Savings account is required at account opening.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Looks like there is a $10 membership fee, not sure if this can be waived.
Looks like there is a $7.50 monthly fee and this is waived if you do any of the following:
- Under 23 years old
- Have an active loan or credit card with Addition Financial
- A $250 cumulative average daily balance in combined deposits
- Direct deposit to savings or checking account ($500 monthly aggregate requirement)
Early Account Termination Fee
I didn’t see any mention of any early account termination fee in the fee schedule. But you do forfeit the bonus if closed within 180 days.
I do think it’s worth doing as the requirements are relatively easy to meet and it’s a nice sized bonus, plus a nice amount of credit card funding. Because of that we will be adding this to our list of the best bank account bonuses. Please share your experiences with this bank in the comments below.
Hat tip to reader Manny S
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times