Update 1/15/23: Extended until 12/31/2023.
Update 6/23/22: There is a $100 bonus now
Update 1/1/22: Extended until December 31, 2022, but the $300 bonus no longer available.
Update 8/17/21: There is also a $100 referral on offer as well (if the person uses a referral they still get the $300 bonus). Do not share your referrals in the comments, share them in this linked post instead.
Update 8/14/21: Deal is back, this time the direct deposit must be $500+ (previously no minimum) and requires 10 debit card transactions. Hat tip to Renzomang
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Must live, work, worship, volunteer, attend school, or own a business in a qualifying county (Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Lake, Alachua, Brevard, Duval, Flagler, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Indian River, Marion, Martin, Okeechobee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, St. Johns, St. Lucie, Sumter, or Volusia County). All are in FL
- Direct deposit required: Yes $500+
- Additional requirements: Use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: No
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $3,000 with a Visa or Mastercard
- Monthly fees: $7.50 avoidable
- Early account termination fee: 180 days, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
September 29th, 2019None listed
- Addition Financial is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new choice checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code OC300
- Set up a direct deposit of $500+ within 60 days of account opening
- Use debit card 10+ times must be in person (not online)
The Fine Print
- Offer available through September 29, 2019.
- Offer subject to end or change at any time without notice.
- Incentive deposit will be made within 15 business days after qualifying activities are met.
- This offer cannot be combined with other Addition Financial savings or checking account offers, and is only available to members who qualify for Choice Checking.
- Addition Financial membership requirements apply.
- If the checking account is closed within 180 days, the account holder will forfeit incentive amount.
- Savings account is required at account opening.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Looks like there is a $10 membership fee, not sure if this can be waived.
Looks like there is a $7.50 monthly fee and this is waived if you do any of the following:
- Under 23 years old
- Have an active loan or credit card with Addition Financial
- A $250 cumulative average daily balance in combined deposits
- Direct deposit to savings or checking account ($500 monthly aggregate requirement)
Early Account Termination Fee
I didn’t see any mention of any early account termination fee in the fee schedule. But you do forfeit the bonus if closed within 180 days.
I do think it’s worth doing as the requirements are relatively easy to meet and it’s a nice sized bonus, plus a nice amount of credit card funding. Because of that we will be adding this to our list of the best bank account bonuses. Please share your experiences with this bank in the comments below.
Hat tip to reader Manny S
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times
I am a Florida resident and meet one of the membership requirements. I already earned the bonus the previous time and am eligible again. Anyone still a member who can post a referral link onto the referral page? Thank you.
New referral scheme, sorry, I mean promotion available from Additional Financial:
William Charles Chuck
Bravo Addition Financial! Just when we thought you can’t sink any lower, you decided to make some posts on NFTs:
Used Brex and they are refusing bonus unless I provide a paystub.
Gadget Wow Carol from Addition Financial took it to another level… She’d Doubled Down Glad to be done with this one..
Yeah, I am still pissed about the situation. PTSD. P2 & I used REAL DD’s & Real Debits and got tossed out. “Account must remain open”… “we’ll fix that!” they said.
I get that way when I read about AMEX Kabbage… My business account is locked with $25 still in it and I have given up all hopes….
any one received 1099 from this bank?
Nope. Haven’t received one either. I think it’s safe to say we won’t get one.
Has anyone closed their account? Coming up on 180 days and was wanting to close it but don’t want to have the bonus revoked.
Just closed yesterday via SM with no issues (191 days for reference).
Like many on here, I had a difficult time getting the bonus as I had satisfied the requirements prior to the in person debit card transactions, but did not get the bonus before they changed the requirements to the in person debits. I opted not to go to the trouble of doing in person debits. Lo and behold, they never paid the bonus and after multiple secure messages to them I got nowhere. Upon seeing others’ experiences here, I opted to go the NCUA route. I submitted my complaint at some point in November. After they took a week or so to review it (don’t really remember how long it took), I got an email back from them saying they did not have jurisdiction. Here is a snippet of the relevant portion from the email I got back: “We appreciate the information you have provided regarding your experience with ADDITION FINANCIAL Credit Union. After a review of the documentation provided, we have determined that your concerns do not appear to involve a federal law or regulation for which the NCUA is the primary regulator. Therefore, we are closing our file on this case and by copy of this letter, we are forwarding your correspondence to the agency primarily responsible for investigating the matter(s) outlined and/or supervising the institution referenced in your complaint. The contact information for the agency is listed below, and any further questions or concerns should be directed to that office:” Florida Office of Financial Regulation 200 E. Gaines St. Tallahassee, FL 32399 Phone # 850-487-9687 Fax # http://www.flofr.com So, then I sort of gave up for a while. Fast forward to yesterday (2/16/22) and I randomly got motivation to deal with this again. I had kept my account open with the intent of revisiting at some point. I decided to go to the Florida Office of Financial Regulation and file a complaint there directly. Literally within 4 hours of submitting my complaint, I got an email back from an actual person there. The relevant portion of the email is posted below: “The Florida Office of Financial Regulation (Office) is in receipt of your correspondence, regarding your complaint with Addition Financial Credit Union. The Office is the state agency charged with regulating Florida state-chartered financial institutions pursuant to Sections 655-667 of Florida Statutes. Addition Financial Credit Union is a state-chartered and state-regulated financial institution. On February 16, 2022,… Read more »
AllenW Wayne Gadget Intarray vips Davis Aidan
Tried to tag all the people I saw discussing NCUA complaints. Hopefully this works for you guys too.
floatingheads00 I appreciate the tag. Great news you received your bonus. I and P2 received ours.
Didn’t have to go to the extent you did, thank God. I’ve filed 3 complaints out of dozens and dozens of bank dealings. All have paid off. Glad you stuck with it.
Filed a complaint with them since the NCUA didn’t help. Hopefully it works.
Chuck William Charles AFAIK, the referral is not available anymore either… but I have no way to verify. The title needs adjusting.
Unable to link fidelity. I get this message, even though I own the account:
We’re sorry. Your Central Florida Education Federal Credit Union account can’t be instantly linked because the ownership information doesn’t match your Fidelity account.
I met the same condition. What should I do?
9/2 – accounts opened OOS
9/6 – $500 real DD (Brex)
9/26 – 10x $0.10 transactions at gas pump
10/14 – $300 bonus + $150 referral bonus (P2) posted
12/22 – accounts closed due to not meeting residency requirements
9/5 – accounts opened OOS
9/20 – $500 real DD (Brex)
9/26 – 10x $0.10 transactions at gas pump
10/14 – $300 bonus posted
12/28 – accounts closed due to not meeting residency requirements
Did you open this online?
sbuy210 Yes, with a referral.
Cool. Would it be possible to send me a referral? firstname.lastname@example.org
sbuy210 sbuy210 I no longer have an account with Addition Financial. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/share-your-addition-financial-referral-links-here/
Referrals were $100…. not that I got any paid out. You and a few others should consider yourselves lucky.
Edited: It did not work for P2 & I… a huge waste of time and effort, even with REAL DD’s and Real in-person debits.
The moral of the story is when you see DP’s, DO CALL THE BANK, start raising a stink early. I waited, trying to stay under the radar, and eventually, they found an exit strategy. OOS openings are always a gamble!
Gadget You’re correct, my $150 referral bonus above is a typo…it should be $100.
They emailed me recently for proof of residency. As long as they don’t try to claw back the bonus (since it’s been less than 180 days), they’re just saving me a step in closing the account myself. Did they clawback your bonus?
ST No they did not. Each account had $250+ balance and they mailed us checks for the full amount.