Published on November 7th, 2015 | by William Charles9
FNBO Offering New 2% Cashback Card “BucksBack” + Our Review
Reader Brenton T let us know that the First National Bank of Omaha is currently offering a 2% cash back card on all purchases. The card is called BucksBack and you have until December 31st to apply, but the 2% cash back offer runs for the life of the card (or until/if it gets devalued).
- No annual fee
- 11% variable APR
- No cap on rewards earned
- Visa card
- Free Experian FICO score
- Only people in the following states can apply: Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Texas
- Must redeem in minimum increments of $25
- No sign up bonus
- Points/cash back expires after three years (first in, first out)
- No longer offer flexible spending limits (FNBO stopped offering this on August 1st, 2015)
- Seem to be inquiry sensitive and usually pull Experian
In my mind the negatives outweigh the positives with this card, the low APY is great but you should be paying your balance in full anyway. I still think the American Express Fidelity card is vastly superior to both this and the Citi Double Cash card for the reasons I’ve outlined in this post.
It is interesting that more card issuers think that they can still turn a healthy profit and offer 2% cash back (especially with an APR this low) I just wish they’d also offer a sign up bonus. It’s also probably only a matter of time until one of these cards has no foreign transaction fees as well to help keep the card top of wallet.