Published on August 5th, 2019 | by William Charles13
Gap Outlet, Gap Factory Store Or Banana Republic Factory Class Action Settlement ($6-$12) 2010-2019
A settlement has been reached regarding allegations that Gap Outlet, Gap Factory Store or Banana Republic Factory Store used false or misleading reference prices. Gap has denied any wrong doing but has agreed to settle the case.
If you made an in store or online purchase from Gap Outlet, Gap Factory Store or Banana Republic Factory Store between May 24, 2010 and May 10, 2019 and did not receive a refund or credit from your purchase you may be eligible to receive one or more $6 Settlement Purchase Certificate(s).
What Will You Receive?
This will depend on the purchases you made during the eligible period (May 24, 2010 and May 10, 2019):
- less than $90.00 (Tier 1), good for $6 for any purchase or off any purchase (no minimum purchase required)
- $90.00 or more (Tier 2), good for a total value of $12 for any purchase or off any purchase (no minimum purchase required) and I have attached proof of my purchase(s).
- January 6, 2020 – Deadline to submit a Claim Form.
- September 23, 2019 – Deadline to submit an Objection.
- September 23, 2019 – Deadline to submit a request for Exclusion.
- October 11, 2019 – Date of Fairness Hearing.
File A Claim
If you’re eligible for this settlement I’d recommend filing a claim unless you actually plan to peruse individual action (highly unlikely). I suspect a lot of people will be eligible. Claims for $6 do not require proof of purchase if you’ve lost yours (remember lying on these forms is highly illegal), claims for $12 do require proof of purchase.
Hat tip to reader Mordechai