Published on November 1st, 2014 | by Chuck6
Get 4,000 Free United Miles with United Credit Card and Softcard
Via FrequentMiler, if you have a United Mileage Plus credit card and Softcard, you can easily get 4,000 free United miles.
Here’s what to do to be eligble for the free miles: Add your United MileagePlus credit card by Chase to Softcard—be sure to click on “Activate Card”. Then click to see the back of your card and follow the steps to register your MileagePlus number with Softcard.
By registering the card and making one purchase Softcard/United (no minimum purchase amount), you’ll receive 2,500 free miles. In any subsequent month you make a purchase with Softcard/United, you’ll receive an additional 500 miles.
The Fine Print
- Offer expires 2/28/15
- Max award of 4,000 miles
- Miles will usually post within 6-8 weeks
- The “month” in this case is the calendar month. If you make one purchase on December 5, and another on January 1, you should get the 500 miles for December and the 500 miles for January.
This sound like a nice easy way of earning some free miles. If I had Softcard, here’s how I’d go about completing this offer:
- add my United card to Softcard and register
- make a small purchase in November at a merchant who accepts Softcard
- make another small purchase in December, then in January, then in February.
- I’d receive 4,000 free miles.
Hat Tip FrequentMiler