Giant/Stopandshop/Martin’s have an offer
- Get 3x fuel points on the purchase Mastercard gift cards.
- Get 10x points on Apple gift cards.
Gift cards generally don’t earn fuel points at all at Giant/S&S/Martin’s, but occasionally they release offers like this to get points on gift card purchases.
Gas Points Details
Every 100 points gets you 10¢ off per gallon at Shell, up to 20 gallons. If you have 1000 points, you’ll get $1 off. If you have 1500 points, you’ll get $1.50 off per gallon (max $1.50 discount in most). Points can be used at partner Shell locations.
- You have 30 days to select whether you want to use the points on gas or groceries, then 30 days to actually use them.
- See the FAQ for more details. Some of the details vary by area and store.
- Points usually are available immediately, but I’ve had on occasion where it took a day until they showed up and were usable.
Given that points can be used to discount groceries as well these deals are more widely useful. Use a card that earns a bonus at the grocery.
Note, many SS/Giant stores have implemented a $2,000 limit in gift card purchases each day (previously the limit was $5,000). They also require putting it all on a single card. Also note, some SS/Giant stores now only award points for the first purchase of the deal, so be sure to buy the full $2,000 worth in a single transaction.
Hat tip to GC Galore