Published on September 13th, 2019 | by William Charles0
[IA, In Branch only] Citizens First Bank $100 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: In branch only, all branches are in IA[Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum mentioned but must be primary source of income
- Additional requirements: Complete two debits
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Citizens Bank is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Receive a deposit of your primary source of income
- Complete two debits (ACH, check, electronic transaction, bill pay, POS)
The Fine Print
- The bonus is available for new Ba$ic, Ca$h Rewards, Plu$ Rewards, and Intere$t Rewards checking accounts. Minimum deposit of $100.00 to open account.
You will receive $100.00 Bonus credited to your account within 30 days after meeting the Bonus qualifications. Bonus qualifications include a deposit of your primary source of income
(disability, retirement, social security, payroll) and 2 debits (ACH, check, electronic transaction, bill pay, POS) posted and cleared within the first 60 days of account opening.
- ATM debits do
not count toward 2 debit qualifications.
- You may not have had a checking account at Citizens First Bank in the last 12 months.
- Citizens First Bank reserves the right to end this promotion at any time at our discretion. Fees may reduce earnings.
- Limit one Bonus per customer. $100.00
- Bonus is reportable as interest on 1099- INT for tax reporting year which Bonus is received.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Ca$h Reward$ Checking has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
Small bonus and it needs to be opened in branch, I think they will probably manually verify the primary source of income requirement as well. Because of all that I don’t think this one is worth doing and I won’t be adding this to our list of the best checking bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times