Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and North Dakota
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum mentioned
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 90 days, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: None listed
Direct link to offer (shows on homepage)
- Frontier Bank is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a BIG DEAL® Cash or Cash Back account online and receive $200. Must complete the following requirements:
- Have a minimum of 12 debit card transactions post and settle during the monthly qualification cycle;
- Have at least 1 direct deposit or automatic payment post and settle during the monthly qualification cycle
- Receive eStatements through our online banking platform.
The Fine Print
- Must be 18 years of age or older to qualify.
- $50 minimum deposit is required to open the account and obtain the bonus.
- Qualifications1 must be met within the first 60 days of account opening.
- The bonus will be deposited into your BIG DEAL® checking account with 70 days after the new account is opened.
- The bonus is considered interest.
- If your BIG DEAL® account is closed within 90 days of account opening, Frontier Bank may deduct the account opening bonus at closing.
- Limit of 1 bonus per account per calendar year.
- Offer not valid for switching from a current Frontier Bank account to a new BIG DEAL® account.
- Offer available for a limited time.
- All regular account opening procedures apply.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
Account needs to be kept open for 90 days or bonus will be forfeit.
Nice bonus with relatively easy requirements as well. Will add this to our list of the best bank account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader JD
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times