Published on April 13th, 2019 | by William Charles4
[Expired] [IL, In Branch only] Wintrust Community Bank $300 Business Checking Bonus
Deal has expired, view more bank bonuses by clicking here.
This is a WinTrust Community Bank, so I think the details for hard/soft pull will be the same as this similar deal from another WinTrust Bank (Town Bank). There is a similar deal for personal checking as well and that has been available at all Wintrust Community Banks, so I assume that is the case with this deal as well.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: IL [Branch locator]
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees:
- Early account termination fee:
- Household limit:
- Expiration date: June 30th, 2019
No direct link, see mailer below. This is a WinTrust bank, in a similar WinTrust Bank deals the mailer wasn’t required and the promotion was available to everybody. Fine print also just says you need to say your aware of the promotion when opening the account
- Receive a sign up bonus of $300 when you open a new Entrepreneur checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Mention promo code WFC00DMEC300
- Deposit and maintain $1,500 or more in new money
- Complete 5 qualifying transactions
- Enroll in online banking and activate eStatements
The Fine Print
- Offer not available to existing or closed checking account customers of Wintrust Financial Corporation and it’s subsidiaries or its active employees
- Limit one bonus payment per customer
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has a $15 monthly fee, this is waived if you have an average daily balance of $1,500
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a full fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
Looks like a relatively easy bonus to meet the requirements for. Assuming it’s a soft pull like the other WinTrust bank brands I do think this is worth doing if you live near a branch. I’ll likely add this to our list of the best checking account bonuses once we’ve confirm it’s a soft pull to open the account.
Hat tip to reader Matthew R
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times