Published on September 8th, 2019 | by William Charles8
[IN, IL, WI only] Marine Bank/CIBM Bank $200 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: IN, WI, IL only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ per month for two consecutive months
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown (sensitive)
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Six months, $25
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: September 20th, 2019
- CIBM Bank (also known as marine bank) is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Receive one or more qualifying direct deposits with a cumulative total of at least $500 each calendar month for two consecutive months
The Fine Print
- Offer available on new accounts opened between 8/5/2019 and 9/20/2019 and limited to one per customer.
- Offer not available for existing CIBM Bank personal checking customers or those who have closed a CIBM Bank personal checking account within the past 12 months (including signers on joint accounts).
- To qualify for the bonus, within 90 days of opening, the new account must receive one or more qualifying direct deposits with a cumulative total of at least $500 each calendar month for two consecutive months.
- Qualifying direct deposits are recurring electronic deposits of your paycheck, pension, or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government.
- Minimum opening deposit of $100 is required for CIBM Bank Classic Checking, Acceleration CheckingSM, Personal NOW Checking and Alternative Checking Accounts and $2,500 is required for the CIBM Bank High Performance Checking Account.
- Account must be open and have a balance greater than zero when the bonus is paid to the account, within 150 days after opening.
- Accounts closed within 6 months of opening date are subject to our standard early closing fee as published in the bank’s schedule of fees.
- Cash bonus considered interest/income and reportable on IRS Form 1099-INT or 1099-MISC.
- We reserve the right to amend or cancel any part of this offer at any time.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
Accounts closed within 6 months of opening date are subject to a $25.00 closing fee
Account also offers 2% APY, this is not attractive as there are better high yield accounts available. We also recently saw a bonus of $250 with basically the same requirements, because of that I would hold off on this bonus for now and hope that bigger offer returns. I won’t be adding this to our list of the best checking bonuses.
Hat tip to DDG
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times