Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount:
- Availability: LA, in branch only [Branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, full paycheck
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- Hibernia Bank is offering a $200 bonus when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- New direct deposit of full recurring paycheck, retirement or government benefits
- $500 monthly average balance
- No overdrafts during 90 day qualifying period
The Fine Print
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I was unable to find a fee schedule so unsure if there is any EATF.
Should be able to ask if it’s a hard or soft pull before opening the account.
Hat tip to Woody
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times
How do they know if it’s the full paycheck? I’ve never encountered that before.
I wonder the same thing… Who could possibly disclose the amount of your paycheck anyways.
Can do transfers from Treasury Direct from 4 weeks T-Bills maturing in 2 weeks, hope it counts as a FULL paycheck
Hernia Bank locations are near hospitals.