Published on December 7th, 2016 | by William Charles1
[LA, MS, FL, AL, TX] Hancock Whitney Bank $100 Savings Bonus [Targeted]
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: Up to $100
- Availability: LA, MS, FL, AL, & TX only
- Deposit Required: $2,500-$10,000
- Deposit Length: Until March 31st, 2017
- APY: Wasn’t able to find rates anywhere
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: None
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $3, waivable
- Early account termination fee: $25, 180 days
- Expiration date:
December 31st, 2016June 30th, 2017
- Household limit: One per household
- Open a silver savings account with Hancock Whitney Bank in branch and receive a gift card of up to $100, depending on the minimum balance. You must maintain that balance until September 30th.
- $25 gift card with a $2,500 minimum balance
- $50 gift card with a $5,000 minimum balance
- $100 gift card with a $10,000 minimum balance
The Fine Print
- To be eligible for the promotion: A Silver Savings account, with new money not currently held by Hancock Bank or Whitney Bank, must be opened with an opening deposit of $2500 or more.
- The gift card amount will be based on the balance of the Silvers Savings account as of 03/31/17. Gift card will be sent to the address associated with your new account within four to six weeks after the qualification expiration date of 03/31/17. Limit one gift card per household. Limit of one new savings account related bonus per calendar year.
- The offer is non-transferable and valid only for person residing at the address the mail was sent to. This cannot be combined with other offers. Note: In this past this has not been enforced at all.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has a $3 monthly service charge, this is waived if any of the following occurs:
- Maintaining a $200 minimum daily balance or if you are under the age of 18 or age 65 and over.
- Link a Connect or Priority Checking Account.
It’s usually possible to get a similar $100 savings bonus with a $300 checking bonus from Hancock Whitney although that does require a much higher deposit of $20,000. According to the fine print it looks like the deposit doesn’t have to be there for the whole duration, but only needs to be there on March 31st, 2016 – but that seems odd to me.
That’s a pretty good bonus if that’s the case, but you still need to go in branch for a $100 bonus so we won’t add it to our best offer page.
Big thanks to reader, Chalkitup who let us know. Please consider sharing bank bonuses with this site so we can make it even better.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank