Published on June 15th, 2019 | by William Charles3
[MA, NH] Service Credit Union $100 Referral Bonus For Both Parties – Direct Deposit Not Required
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must be referred and I assume you must open in branch. Branches are in NH, MA. Almost all branches are in NH [Branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: October 31st, 2019
- Service credit union is offering a bonus of $100 to both parties when a new member is referred and the following requirements are completed:
- Open a new five star, basic or classic checking account
- Open a debit or credit card and make 5 purchases totaling at least $500 within the first 60 days of account opening
- Sign up for e-communications
The Fine Print
- In order to qualify for the $100 referral promotion, referrer must have a Service Credit Union checking account and referred friend (referee) must open a checking account with Service Credit Union and sign up for e-communications within 60 days.
- Referee must also get a Visa Debit Card and/or apply for and receive a Visa Credit Card with Service Credit Union.
- Referee must make at least 5 purchases on either their new debit or credit card totaling $500 in the first 60 days of account establishment. $500 must be on one card or the other; referee cannot use both cards to reach the $500 purchase requirement.
- Must be a member of Service Credit Union or eligible for membership with at least $5 in a primary savings account.
- There is no limit to the number of referrals members may make. If the total of gifts received equals $600 or more in a taxable year, the credit union will issue referring member a 1099-MISC.
- The credit union will issue on behalf of the referee a 1099-INT for the $100 as income.
- Promotion runs from April 22, 2019 to October 31, 2019 and is subject to change or be canceled at any time.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Both the classic and basic accounts have no monthly fees
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find any early account termination fee in the fee schedule.
Feel free to share your referral information in the comments below, we just ask that you also share whether it’s a hard or soft pull to open as well.
Hat tip to Squarebush10
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times