Published on September 11th, 2019 | by William Charles9
[MA, NH] Service Credit Union $100 Referral Bonus For Both Parties – Direct Deposit Not Required
Update 9/11/19: Repositng as we now know it’s a soft pull top open.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Must be referred and I assume you must open in branch. Branches are in NH, MA. Almost all branches are in NH [Branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $249 with a credit card
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: October 31st, 2019
- Service credit union is offering a bonus of $100 to both parties when a new member is referred and the following requirements are completed:
- Open a new five star, basic or classic checking account
- Open a debit or credit card and make 5 purchases totaling at least $500 within the first 60 days of account opening
- Sign up for e-communications
The Fine Print
- In order to qualify for the $100 referral promotion, referrer must have a Service Credit Union checking account and referred friend (referee) must open a checking account with Service Credit Union and sign up for e-communications within 60 days.
- Referee must also get a Visa Debit Card and/or apply for and receive a Visa Credit Card with Service Credit Union.
- Referee must make at least 5 purchases on either their new debit or credit card totaling $500 in the first 60 days of account establishment. $500 must be on one card or the other; referee cannot use both cards to reach the $500 purchase requirement.
- Must be a member of Service Credit Union or eligible for membership with at least $5 in a primary savings account.
- There is no limit to the number of referrals members may make. If the total of gifts received equals $600 or more in a taxable year, the credit union will issue referring member a 1099-MISC.
- The credit union will issue on behalf of the referee a 1099-INT for the $100 as income.
- Promotion runs from April 22, 2019 to October 31, 2019 and is subject to change or be canceled at any time.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Both the classic and basic accounts have no monthly fees
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find any early account termination fee in the fee schedule.
Feel free to share your referral information in the comments below, seems like a bonus worth doing. We will add this to our best bank bonus page once somebody shares their referral information
Hat tip to Squarebush10
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times