Published on December 8th, 2019 | by William Charles24
[Expired] [MA, NY, RI & CT] Webster Bank $300 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Not Required
This bonus has now ended, view more checking bonuses by clicking here
Update 12/8/19: Deal available again. Hat tip to reader Joe F
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Offer available only to residents located in MA, NY, RI and Ridgefield, Wilton, Danbury, Stamford, Darien, Norwalk, and Greenwich, CT
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: Yes, see below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $21.95
- Early account termination fee: $15 if closed within 90 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
March 31st, 2019December 31st, 2019
- Webster Bank is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new Premier Checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Have a direct deposit of $500 or more between the month the account has opened and 05/31/2020 OR
- Have an average account balance greater than or equal to $10,000 for the calendar month ending 05/31/2020
The Fine Print
- Promotion valid for new checking accounts opened between 12/01/2019 and 12/31/2019 at the Webster Banking Centers located in Ridgefield, Wilton, Danbury, Stamford, Darien, Norwalk, and Greenwich, CT and Larchmont, Scarsdale, Yonkers, Rye, White Plains, and New Rochelle, NY and meeting minimum opening balance requirements.
- Customer must qualify for account and have a direct deposit of $500 or more (Direct Deposit transactions are limited to payroll, social security, pension, and government benefits. PayPal® transactions are excluded) between the month the account was opened and 05/31/2020. OR
- Customer must have an average account balance greater than or equal to $10,000 for the calendar month ending 05/31/2020.
- To be eligible, the primary customer must qualify for Premier Checking and must not have had an open checking account since 11/01/2018 at Webster Bank.
- Account must be in good standing at the time of payment; an account is considered to be in good standing if it has a positive balance and is not in the process of being closed.
- All funds will be transferred into the newly established checking account by 07/16/2020.
- All amounts will be reported to the IRS, and customer is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Customer must be a resident of NY, MA, RI, or CT at time of account opening and promotion payout.
- Please speak to a Webster banker for details. Rates shown for any product or tier are subject to change at any time. Cannot be combined with any other Webster Bank cash incentive offer.
Webster Premier Checking $21.95 Monthly Fee
This account has a $21.95 monthly fee, this is waived if you meet any of the following requirements during your monthly statement cycle:
- By keeping $20,000 in combined average checking, money market, and savings balances during your monthly statement period
- By keeping $50,000 adding CD, home equity, and installment loan balances as of the end of your statement period
Early Account Termination Fee $15
If account is closed within 90 days a $15 fee is charged.
There is a targeted offer for $350 with the same requirements, people will obviously prefer that offer if targeted. This offer is nice as it’s publicly available and it’s possible to get the bonus without a direct deposit requirement. I do think this bonus is worth doing if you live in the targeted area and because of that I will add it to our best checking sign up bonuses page.
Hat tip to reader Y B
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times