Published on April 21st, 2019 | by William Charles26
[Expired] [MA only] Clinton Savings Bank $300 Checking Bonus
Deal is no longer being offered, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: MA only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, recurring direct deposit of $1,000+ per month
- Additional requirements: eStatements
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes, does pull
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,000 (first page of application mentions debit & credit card as a funding option, so should be possible).
- Monthly fees: $5, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Bonus forfeit, six months
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: July 31st, 2019
- Clinton Savings Bank is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code 300
- Have a recurring direct deposit of a minimum $1,000 per month within 45 days of account opening (this needs to continue until the bonus posts)
- Enroll and accept eStatements
The Fine Print
- This offer is valid from March 31, 2019 to July 31, 2019 and applies to the Basic Checking account only opened with either the “300” promotion code entered online or with this mailer presented at any branch location.
- The $300 bonus offer applies to consumers who do not have an existing CSB consumer checking account relationship, or have not had a consumer checking account in the last six months.
- To receive the $300 checking bonus: 1) Open a Basic Checking account with a minimum of $10.00, which is subject to approval; 2) Have your recurring direct deposit of a minimum of $1,000 per month made to the account and each month thereafter starting within 45 days of account opening. Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension, or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. 3.) Enroll and accept in e-statements within 30 days of account opening.
- After you have completed all the above requirements Clinton Savings Bank will deposit the $300 into your new Basic Checking account no later than 90 business days from account opening.
- Account must remain in open, active, in good standing, and in the same product type through the qualifying period to receive the bonus.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other offers and is limited to one bonus per customer. $300 bonus will generate a 1099-INT.
- Offer is limited and may be withdrawn at any time.
- A monthly maintenance service charge of $5.00 will be assessed against your Basic Checking account
- . This service charge is waived if you maintain a recurring monthly direct deposit into this account or if the balance is $100 or more every day of the monthly statement cycle. CSB employees are excluded from this offer.
- Account closing: If the Basic checking account is closed by the customer or CSB within six months after opening, we will deduct the bonus amount for that account at closing.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The basic checking account has a $5 monthly fee. This is waived if you have a minimum balance of $100 daily or if you have a recurring monthly direct deposit
Early Account Termination Fee
If the account is closed within six months the bonus is forfeit and a $25 fee is charged
Previously they have offered a bonus of $200, that deal was a little easier to meet the requirements for but I do think this $300 deal is much better as it’s an extra $100. I do think this bonus is worth doing, because of that I’ll add it to our list of the best checking bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times