Published on July 14th, 2018 | by William Charles29
[Expired] [MA only] Clinton Savings Bank $200 Checking Bonus
This deal has expired and is no longer available. View the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: MA only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, recurring but no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,000 (first page of application mentions debit & credit card as a funding option, so should be possible).
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $25, six months
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: September 30th, 2018
- Clinton Savings Bank is offering a $200 checking bonus when you complete the following requirements:
- Open a qualifying checking account: Total Access Checking, Basic Checking and Preferred Checking
- Receive a recurring monthly direct deposit within 45 days of opening
The Fine Print
- $200 bonus offer applies to consumers who do not have an existing CSB consumer checking account relationship, or have not had a consumer checking account in the last six months and must implement recurring monthly direct deposit within 45 days of opening from June 8, 2018 through September 28, 2018. Qualifying checking products for this offer are Total Access Checking, Basic Checking and Preferred Checking accounts only.
- After all requirements are activated, Clinton Savings Bank will deposit the $200 into your new consumer checking account within 30 business days upon meeting the direct deposit requirement.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other offers and is limited to one bonus per household.
- $200 bonus will generate a 1099-INT.
- Offer is limited and may be withdrawn at any time.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The total checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
According to the fee schedule there is a $25 early account termination fee if the account is closed within 6 months of opening.
Definitely worth doing, easy to keep fee free and a nice amount of credit card funding as well. I’ll be adding this to to the best bank account bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, FindingMyPossible who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times