Published on August 10th, 2019 | by William Charles8
[MA only] Dedham Savings Bank $250 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Must live near a branch. Branches are located in Dedham, Westwood, Needham, Walpole, Norwood, and Sharon in Massachusetts. [Locations here]
- Direct deposit required: Yes, two direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more
- Additional requirements: 5 debit card transactions, two online bill pays
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown, sensitive
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2019
- Dedham Savings Bank is offering a bonus of $250 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements within 60 days of account opening:
- Receive at least two direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more
- Pay at least two bills with Online Bill Pay
- Make five purchases with dedham savings debit card
The Fine Print
- Bonus valid for customers who do not have an existing or prior personal Checking account at Dedham Savings.
- To receive $250 bonus, open any personal Checking account with funds not currently on deposit.
- Within 60 days of account opening, receive at least two direct deposits to Checking account, totaling $1,000 or more (a direct deposit is a recurring deposit of a paycheck, pension, Social Security or other regular monthly income, electronically deposited by an employer or outside agency into your account).
- Within 60 days of account opening, pay at least two bills with Online Bill Pay or make five purchases with Dedham Savings Debit Card.
- $250 bonus will be deposited to Checking account within 90 days after qualifications are met and will be reported to the IRS for tax purposes.
- One offer per customer.
- Offer expires December 31, 2019.
- No minimum balance required to earn bonus. Account must be opened in person at any Dedham Savings location.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account doesn’t have any monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
Previous best bonus from Dedham savings was $100, so this is an extra $150 with very similar requirements. I do think this bonus is worth doing if you live near a branch and because of that I will be adding this to our best bank account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader fengmd
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times