Published on February 21st, 2018 | by William Charles7
[MD Only] State Employees Credit Union (SECU) Of Maryland – Visa Signature Review – 25k Sign Up Bonus
State Employees Credit Union (SECU) Of Maryland offers a Visa Signature card. In this quick review we will be looking at this card.
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 3x points on dining, travel, Amazon and iTunes purchases
- 2x points on gas and groceries
- 1x points on all other purchases
- Sign up bonus of 25,000 rewards points or $250 cash back after $2,000 in spend within the first 90 days after account opening
- No annual fee
- No cash advance fees
- No foreign transaction fees
- No balance transfer fees
Sign up bonus of $250 isn’t bad as far as cash sign up bonuses are concerned. The 3x categories are ok, but it is possible to earn at higher rates on dining, travel and Amazon purchases with other cards. Still given that this card has no annual fee those categories could still be useful for people who don’t have cards that earn 3%+ in those categories. Anything that earns at 2x on lower can always just be put on a card that earns at a high rate on all purchases. Overall this card is worth considering if you highly value cash sign up bonuses and have already made use of the better offers available.
Hat tip to reader Sparky