Published on November 17th, 2019 | by William Charles8
[MN] Firefly Credit Union $250 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Membership available for those in Minneapolis/St Paul area
- Direct deposit required: Two direct deposits totaling $2,000 or more
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,000
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2019
- Firefly Credit Union is offering a bonus of $250 when you open a new checking and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code GET250
- Receive 2 or more direct deposits totaling at least $2,000 in the first 60 days and,
- Make 20 or more debit card purchases totaling at least $300 in the first 60 days
The Fine Print
- Offer valid from 11/11/19 – 12/31/19. Firefly membership required to receive offer. Must have no prior checking relationship with Firefly in the last 12 months. All accounts and bonuses are subject to qualifications. Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Offer valid on Firefly Free or Amplified Checking Accounts only.
- Not eligible on Verge or Business Checking accounts. Cannot be combined with other offers.
- To earn the $250 bonus offer, account holder must open account online using promo code GET250, have at least 2 direct deposits post to checking account (totaling at least $2,000) and have at least 20 debit card transactions (totaling at least $300) post to checking account within 60 calendar days from account open date. Checking account must be open and membership(s) must be in good standing at the time the reward is posted.
- Please allow up to 90 days from checking account opening for reward to be deposited into your account.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The free checking account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find mention of an early account termination fee in the fee schedule
Update: Not worth doing for most people due to the hard pull
Need to know if it’s a hard or soft pull to open, if it’s a soft pull then it’s likely worth doing but at this stage we don’t have enough information to determine if it’s a good or bad deal. If anybody goes for this deal then please share your experiences in the comments below
Hat tip to reader Michael
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times