Published on October 9th, 2019 | by William Charles119
[Expired] [MN, MI, IL, WI, CO, AZ or SD] TCF Bank $200 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Optional
Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: MN, MI, IL, WI, CO, AZ or SD
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: Use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown, approved with a frozen report
- Credit card funding: Up to $100 Visa & Mastercard only
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: None listed
- TCF Bank is offering a bonus of $200 when you complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code DG200
- Open a TCF Free Checking account
- Do one of the following within 60 days of account opening :
- Receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more
- Enroll in TCF digital banking and make $250 in online bill payments within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Open a new TCF Free Checking account online or at any TCF branch in MN, MI, IL, WI, CO, AZ or SD.
- Eligible accounts require a minimum opening deposit of $25.
- There is no monthly maintenance fee for active Free Checking accounts with online statements.
- Then, within 60 days of your account opening date, receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more OR enroll in TCF digital banking and complete $250 in one or more online bill payments using TCF online bill pay.
- Upon verification, we’ll deposit $200 into your new checking account the business day following the criteria verification.
- Your account must be open to receive the credit. T
- his offer does not apply if you have an existing TCF consumer checking account or closed an account within the previous 12 months.
- You are responsible for all applicable taxes.
- This offer is subject to change prior to the opening of an account.
- A valid promotion code must be entered at the time of account application.
- One offer per household.
- This offer is not transferable.
- TCF employees are not eligible for this offer.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about. There is a $3 fee if you receive paper statements.
Early Account Termination Fee
According to this fee schedule there is no early account termination fee
We’ve seen previous offers with the same requirements but for $250, this time it’s publicly available but the bonus is only $200. I think this offer won’t last too long if I’m being honest (not really sure why, just a gut feel). If you’re interested in doing this bonus (and I think it’s worth doing) I’d recommend doing it now. I’ll be adding this to our list of the best checking account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Lina M
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times