Published on January 5th, 2019 | by William Charles46
[Targeted MN, MI, IL, WI, CO, AZ & SD] TCF Bank $250 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Optional
Update 1/5/2019: Mailers have gone out again, seems like it’s now available in AZ as well. Hat tip to readers JR & Matthew R
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: MN, MI, IL, WI, CO & SD. In branch or via phone [branch locations]
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,000 Visa & Mastercard only (not allowed in branch but can be done via phone. They might just allow $100 via phone but when they send you the details via e-mail you should be able to fund $1,000)
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date:
August 6th, 2018February 25th, 2019
No direct link, requires a targeted mailer
- TCF Bank is offering a bonus of $250 when you complete the following requirements:
- Bring mailer in
- Open a TCF Free Checking account
- Do one of the following within 60 days of account opening :
- Receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more
- Enroll in TCF digital banking and make $250 in online bill payments within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- MN, MI, IL, WI, CO & SD only.
- Bonus will post to your account the business day following the criteria verification
- One offer per household
- Not eligible to current TCF customers or those who have closed an account in the last 90 days.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about. There is a $2 fee if you receive paper statements. According to this fee schedule there is no early account termination fee.
Last time these were sent out it was possible to get the deal by calling in even if you didn’t have a mailer. This was then shut down, I suspect you will need to bring the physical mailer in to get this deal but if anybody tries calling in or going in without a mailer let us know in the comments below.
Big thanks to reader, Norm who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times