Published on July 27th, 2019 | by William Charles29
[MN, ND & AZ] Bell Bank $200 Checking Bonus – Direct Deposit Not Required
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: They have branches in ND & MN. This promo is supposed to be for the Woodbury branch in MN, but there is an online code that can be used
- Direct deposit required: Yes, or an automatic payment
- Additional requirements: Use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown, not sensitive
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $1,000 with a Visa or Mastercard
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: August 31st, 2019
- Bell Bank is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code NEWMKT200
- Receive a direct deposit or automatic payment made within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- You will receive $200.00 after your new first-time personal checking account has been opened for 60 days and a direct deposit or an automatic payment has occurred.
- After qualifications are met, bonus will be deposited into account within 5 business days.
- Limit of one bonus per household and per account.
- This is available to customers with a current new market promo code opening a new first-time personal checking account.
- New customer must open the account at Bell Bank’s Woodbury location and will receive a 1099-INT form for the $200 deposited to the new account.
- Expires August 31, 2019. Member FDIC
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not
Always nice to see bonuses with no direct deposit requirement. I’m not sure if you’ll need to live near the Woodbury branch to get approved or not . Will be added to the best checking account bonuses. Please share your experiences in the comments below.
Hat tip to reader Stevil
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times