Published on May 23rd, 2016 | by William Charles7
[MN & WI only] Ideal Credit Union $100 + $100 In Gift Cards Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Wisconsin or Minnesota residents can join via $5 donation, otherwise must live, work, worship, attend school or volunteer in Anoka, Chisago, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey or Washington counties
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $750+ monthly
- Additional requirements: eStatements
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Up to $500, all credit cards accepted
- Monthly fees: None, but $4 inactivity fee
- Early account termination fee: Bonus forfeit if closed within 6 months
- Expiration date: None listed
- Open a new Ideal Credit Union checking account and receive $100 in gift cards when you do the following:
- Have $50 minimum opening deposit
- Use promo code Wiify during account opening
- You’ll receive a $100 cash bonus if you also do the following:
- Sign up for eStatements
- Have a recurring Direct Deposit ($750 or more monthly)
- Use your Ideal Enhanced Debit MasterCard 10 times
The Fine Print
- Promotional eGift cards will be sent via your email address provided during account opening.
- eGift cards are valued at $25 each with available shopping credit to be used at four (4) different eOutlet Store retailers.
- eGift card value may be applied toward the purchase of products, services, and S&H fees exclusively from the specific websites noted on the eGift cards.
- Only one (1) eGift card may be redeemed per transaction.
- eGift cards have no cash value, are not redeemable for cash and may not be combined with credits from other store gift cards. Other terms and conditions apply—see eOutletStores.com for full details and restrictions. Gift offer only available while supplies last.
- Excludes student, employee and business accounts
- The $100 cash reward offer is valid for new personal checking accounts only for a limited time and may be withdrawn without notice.
- Minimum $50.00 to open a personal checking account.
- Checking account must remain open for a minimum of six months or the cash reward will be debited from the account during closing transaction
- Recurring monthly deposit of $750 or more per month, direct deposit of governmental or payroll checks into checking account and debit card transactions must be completed within 60 days of account opening
- Debit card transactions posted to your account must be signature based to be eligible for the cash reward.
- We reserve the right to disqualify debit card and recurring deposit transactions in circumstances where we reasonably believe they were not made in good faith.
- The cash reward will be automatically deposited 6 to 8 weeks after the conditions noted have been met.
- Offer is available to individuals without an Ideal Credit Union personal checking account in the last 90 days.
- $100 cash bonus offer effective for accounts opened on or after February 1, 2016
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The checking account has no monthly fees, you do need to keep it open for six months otherwise the bonus will be taken back.
There is a $4 monthly inactivity fee if you don’t use your debit card at least once as reader mpcee123 points out.
They have offered a $100 bonus in the past, last time you also received a power bank. I have no idea how useful/valuable the gift cards actually are, they seem to be for eOutletStores.com. I looked at some auctions on eBay and it seems like they were selling for like 20% of facevalue (and those were larger gift cards) so I’m guessing these $25 gift cards that can’t be combined are pretty much worthless.
Still a $100 bonus and $500 in credit card funding isn’t so bad.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank