Published on November 30th, 2019 | by William Charles25
[MN, WI] Wings Financial Credit Union $300 Checking Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Must live or work in an eligible eligible Minnesota or Wisconsin county
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $300+
- Additional requirements: eStatements & use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $500 with a credit card
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2019
- Wings Financial is offering a $300 bonus when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code 300CHECKING
- Must have a direct deposit of at least $300 within 45 days of account opening
- Enroll in eStatements
The Fine Print
- To qualify for the bonus, checking account must be opened in-branch or online using promo code between 10/21-12/31/19.
- Membership must be established by opening a Share Savings account with a $5 minimum opening deposit.
- Must have direct deposit of at least $300 and enroll in eDocuments within 45 days of account opening.
- If requirements are met, bonus will be paid no later than 2/17/20 in the form of a deposit to the Wings checking account; account must be in good standing to receive deposit.
- Valid for new members only.
- Not available for business checking.
- One offer per person.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
First class checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find an early account termination in the fee schedule
Probably not worth doing for most people due to the hard pull. Because of that I won’t be adding this to our list of the best checking bonus.
Hat tip to reader John
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times