Update 9/7/21: Deal is now $300 instead of $400.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Must live, work or worship in St. Charles County, St. Louis County, St. Louis City
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $500
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date:
August 31, 2021September 30, 2021.
- AllTru Credit Union is offering a $300 checking bonus when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code CHECKING300
- Sign up for online banking
- Complete two direct deposits of $500+ within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- To open a new account, you’ll need a $1.00 deposit, a valid ID, and a utility bill with the same address as your ID.
- Accounts are subject to field of membership restrictions.
- Apply online, over the phone, or at a branch using offercode CHECKING400 by 8/31/2021.
- Offer is not valid for existing Alltru Credit Union members or those who have closed a 1st Financial or Alltru personal checking account within the past 12 months.
- We reserve the right to amend or cancel any part of this offer at any time.
- Earn a $400 bonus when you complete the following requirements within 60 days of account opening: a) Open a new TailorMade, Opportunity, or StepOne Checking Account b) Use the special offer code CHECKING400 at account opening c) Have a minimum of two $500 direct deposits of a paycheck, pension payment, Social Security payment, or other government benefits payment electronically deposited into the account from an employer or outside agency. d) Enroll in Online Banking.
- All behaviors must be met and account must be open, in good standing and must have a balance greater than zero when the bonus is paid via automatic deposit into your primary savings account 15 days after all qualifying behaviors are met.
- Only (1) cash bonus given per household.
- Offer expires 8/31/2021.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
TailorMade Rewards Checking has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so unsure if there is an early account termination fee or not.
Need to know if it’s a hard or soft pull, but given it’s a $400 bonus even if it’s a hard pull then this is still a great deal. If anybody goes for this bonus then please share your experiences in the comments below.
Hat tip to reader NN
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times