Deal has expired, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here
Update 8/18/19: Deal is back and now $162 instead of $160.
Reposting as it’s a soft pull.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $160
- Availability: In branch only, all locations are in Missouri
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Yes, 12 debit card transactions totaling $100+
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Yes, up to $250
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: 90 days, $35 fee
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: None listed
- Get $162 when you open a new checking account with Callaway Bank and complete 12 debit card purchases (of at least $100 combined) within 2 months.
The Fine Print
- Requires $100 minimum deposit to open account.
- All regular account opening procedures apply and are subject to approval.
- Free checks include one box of standard duplicate checks.
- Cash bonus of $160 requires account to have 12 debit card purchases with a combined total of at least $100 within 60 days of the account opening.
- The bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS Form 1099-INT and you are responsible for any applicable taxes.
- The bonus will be credited to your new checking account within 6-8 weeks after debit card transactions are completed.
- Account must be open to receive bonus.
- One offer per household.
- Individual must be 18 years or older to qualify and present a valid ID at account opening.
- Existing Callaway Bank checking account holders or those whose account closed within the past 6 months are not eligible.
- Offer expires July 31, 2017.
- See a Personal Banker for further details.
They offer a free basic checking account with no monthly fees to worry about (eStatements are required apparently). I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I am unsure on whether they charge an early account termination fee or not. According to this comment it’s $35 if closed within 90 days.
No direct deposit is very nice, shame it has to be opened in branch but at least it’s a soft pull. I’ll add this to our best bank bonus list. As always share your own data points in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications